Requesting information regarding study visa in newzeland

Hii there, i am 29 years old and i am planning to go for a 2 years post graduate program from new Zealand. Please give me more information about the following:-

a) Am i allowed to bring my spouse to New-Zealand once my study permit is approved?
b) If yes, will my spouse be given an open work permit to work in New-Zealand? She is currently having 6 years of work experience in IT in India.
c) What is the duration of work permit which is usually granted to a person who has done two years of program from NZ?

Welcome to the forum  :)

All the information can be found on the following site www.immigration.govt.nz
You can also contact them as well.
Take the time to read through the many posts here on the forum that will help you too.

@sgarg8891

Answers to your queries.

a) Am i allowed to bring my spouse to New-Zealand once my study permit is approved?

Yes, you're allowed to bring your spouse.

b) If yes, will my spouse be given an open work permit to work in New-Zealand? She is currently having 6 years of work experience in IT in India.

Your spouse will be granted a partner's visit visa on which she can not work. However, if your education was a PhD, then she may be granted a partnership based visit/work visa with a limited number of hours for a specific period.

c) What is the duration of work permit which is usually granted to a person who has done two years of program from NZ?

You will only be granted a one-year work visa If your education requires a formal practical work internship to be completed after your education. If it's not required, at the present, the immigration does not grant a work visa after education.

I don't think you 're right.
I'm in the process for getting student visa and so, I'm kind of familiar with these things.
This I know for sure- If you are on Postgraduate -  Level 8 program, you can bring your spouse and (if any) kids, and your partner can work full time, not restricted time

If you are on Postgraduate -  Level 8 program, you can bring your spouse and (if any) kids, and your partner can work full time, not restricted time

This is exactly what I had stated.  One can certainly bring the spouse and children on a postgraduate level 8 or above program. As per the current rules, your spouse would be allowed to work 20 hours a week. If one comes for a PhD study, then the spouse is granted a full-time work visa. However, the cases may vary depending upon different scenarios.

A spouse can not get the working rights IF the main applicant is joining a bachelors program, however, the spouse visit visa is granted in that case.

Heres another thing... NZders are forcing the govt to heavily limit pr work visas to citizens of India, South Africa (specifically Afrikaaners) and certain European countries as a result of excessive quotas from these areas. Quota preferences will be given to neighbouring countries and trade partners so make sure you get your application in.  The changes were announced last December and are slowly being implemented. NZ was one of the IMF affiliated  countries forced to open borders for developing countries under IPC Agritrade negotiations in 2002.

@LivingwellAbroad,

When it comes to skilled migration, things are kinda different. Candidates undergo a very extensive check in regards to their education, work and personal checks. If you keenly observed the LTSSL, your findings would be mostly in Engineering and medical sector where the country is lacking people. Nevertheless, the immigrants who try to approach the backdoor ways should be certainly restricted. That is why I always mention in most of my posts. There's a huge difference between a skilled migrant and a refugee. Please do not mix these categories. This is exactly the difference between the people doing nothing in China versus you being a skilled worker.

When I said quota... I meant IMMIGRATION quotas NOT refugee quotas. NZ has IMMIGRATION quotas not just refugee quotas. Exactly as I typed... there is no mix up. Refugee quotas are a completely different category which I did not mention... you did.  Even using the skills list ~ in order to meet points you will be listed according to country preference, the public just arent told this. Do not be offended by it. All western countries operate using similar methods. Using China as  an example is a poor choice. I have family in China so travel quite extensively within Asia and know Chinese regional laws well (NZ and China share a long history that spans well before British invasions and prior to the name~  NZ being used)  I have yet to meet a foreigner in China that went to do nothing. They went for work  related activities, family, sightseeing or a mix. China does not issue visas so you can do "nothing".

For clarity,  Im stating  that NZ has migrant quotas relating to each country. This is standard practice for most western countries. Sorry if my previous reply has caused confusion.

Sorry if my previous reply has caused confusion.

Naaa, i am absolutely not offended, nor anyone else. I may have misunderstood your comment probably for which I would apologize too. But yeah, your point is exactly what my point is.