Extension Denied

Hi!
I Applied for an extension of 30days for our (my baby and I) stay here in Singapore through eXtend but was denied. My daughter's father is working here with an epass. My question is, can we go to ICA and appeal for the extension?

Thank you.

Very much yes you can visit ICA and appeal, but one clarification is required. When you said your daughter's father means you both are not legally married? If not, then you need to have a letter from embassy proof of you both are living together and have registered the birth of your daughter. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Very much yes you can visit ICA and appeal, but one clarification is required. When you said your daughter's father means you both are not legally married? If not, then you need to have a letter from embassy proof of you both are living together and have registered the birth of your daughter. Good luck

Thank you for answering my question. May I know what kind of proof? All we have is a Certificate of Non Marriage document and  my daughter's birth certificate with her father's name.

You both are partners and parents of the child. If birth certificate has named both parents name (name should match the name on passport), then you can show it as proof at ICA. Then provide rationale for the extension to convince ICA officer. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

You both are partners and parents of the child. If birth certificate has named both parents name (name should match the name on passport), then you can show it as proof at ICA. Then provide rationale for the extension to convince ICA officer. Good luck

Hi Surya,
We went to ICA this morning but was told that we need a sponsor; either a Singaporean or a PR. If we have a sponsor, is there a high chance that we will be granted an extension?

Thank you

Yes, in the event of having a sponsor would be an advantage and can be in your favour. Try to ask your partner if anyone from his colleague or friend can be your sponsor. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Yes, in the event of having a sponsor would be an advantage and can be in your favour. Try to ask your partner if anyone from his colleague or friend can be your sponsor. Good luck

We have a sponsor already and we're here in ICA at the moment. Does my partner also need to be here or do I just need his documents?

Thank you.

All of you should be at ICA office, as we don't know if ICA officer wants to speak to him as well. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

All of you should be at ICA office, as we don't know if ICA officer wants to speak to him as well. Good luck

Hi. We got denied again even if we have a sponsor with us because the ICA officer said we should be married first before we can apply for extension next time.
Thank you for answering all my queries.

Sorry to hear, wish you both happy married life in advance. Then, he can apply immediately dependant pass for you and child. Good luck next time.

surya2k wrote:

Sorry to hear, wish you both happy married life in advance. Then, he can apply immediately dependant pass for you and child. Good luck next time.

Thank you, Surya!

Thank you for answering ny question, Surya. Is it possible for me and my partner to get married in Singapore, or are we  supposed to go back to our country and get married there?

It is possible (and in fact relatively easy) for foreigners to marry in Singapore.
Check the ROM webpage or contact ROM for rules and requirements!