WORK PERMITS

Can anybody give me solid information on work permits - I am retired but starting a new business here - in the process now -
My friend is a freelancer - working with a Cambodian to start a new school - he is approaching 55 - which is considered retirement age here
I / we have been getting mixed information from different sources
thanks
Michael

Hello.

One important thing: You are NOT allowed to work when on a retirement extension of stay!

So if you want to work you have to change to an EB [business] extension of stay, for that you need a letter from the employer complete with letterhead and official stamp. Plus you need to get a work permit, which can be applied for on line.

No matter if you get a salary or not, you need both: Business extension of stay and a work permit.

You can find a lot of information on the facebook group about Cambodian visas and workpermits,
their facebook name is "Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group"

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

thanks Joe - will follow up on that
cheers

Hi Joe,

Michael says that he, and his friend, are involved in creating or already doing business.

There is not employer involved there !
Licence, Patent and probably Work Permit to obtain the EB EOS.

I'm just registered in business (boat tours) in Kep, with 63 years old. I understund that probably depends of the business. At the beginning they says « no work permit at 63 » !

Cheers,
Marcelo

Marcelo.

I've mentioned that on a retirement extension working is not allowed.

On top I guess you got a mis-translation when they told you no work permit at 63, I guess they meant to say: No work permitted....

Cheers

Joe

I'm not actually working per say  - I'm designing and manufacturing bio gas digesters, waterless toilets and cheap housing for poor communities – although I do hope I'll be making a profit from it. I am currently going through the process of registering a business and office space
Is having your own business considered working / same as being a teacher for example?
My current PP is an EB - guess i'll stick with that
Thanks for your input