Learning new language

Hi everyone 🤗

I've tried few websites, apps for learning new languages. Does anybody know about good one free of charge please?

Thank you,
Martina

Welcome

It might help in stating which language you wish to learn. But Youtube is always a good platform to use.

Memarize . Duelingo . But the best thing is to practice or exchange language with real people

what are the languages you wana learn?

ddolphin wrote:

Hi everyone 🤗

I've tried few websites, apps for learning new languages. Does anybody know about good one free of charge please?

Thank you,
Martina

Martina the best one and Foc options with I recommed you go with" Dualingo"
It is just target...
great days

T

Duo Lingo is the best free one.

Duelingo

Duolingo is what I use for learning French.

Apart from apps, you should also use learning videos from youtube. Helps a lot.

Portuguese, Spanich and Italian.

I want to learn Spanish

Try the duolingo app. Its very interactive and a good learning tool

Thank you very much

I want to learn English

Thank you 😊

Thank you will give it a try 😊

Were are you from   If I can help you message me I am English by the way

Martin

martinodessa wrote:

Were are you from   If I can help you message me I am English by the way

Martin

Thank you Martin, how are you?

Been in England few years now, have a family. Want to 're-dust' my French lol and also learn Italian. 

Happy Easter btw :)

Martina

hi.I am also like to communicate with local people.I come from china :)

Julia (post #13 above) says she wants to learn English. She lives in the USA, and I have to say that you'll never learn proper English there, Julia!  (Joke.)

"English" can mean two things, in that general context: written English or spoken English. There's quite a large difference. I know lots of foreigners whose spoken English is acceptable but whose written version is hopeless. So the first thing a foreigner must decide is which he or she wants. The best way to learn spoken is to mix with people whose native language is English***. But for written English one will always need to take formal classes.
*** Oh all right, even Americans can be useful there... although foreigners should always beware of strong regional accents. I've written several blogs (very informal) on the subject of language, and the one at the link below gives a hint of the troubles that can lie ahead in that respect.
http://barlowscayman.blogspot.com/2013/ … spoke.html

I want to learn Spanish [Khanum]

As Stumpy has noted in another thread, there are four other languages in expat-com's forums, and the Spanish one would probably be the best for anybody wanting to learn Spanish.

YouTube, Martina. Many of us use it to learn about almost everything. Believe me. I have been able to learn German and now French this way. I have used MyLanguageExchange to find someone to practice with, I have always used for free,  though you can get a membresy However I think that there will be someone who is willing to help you with Spanish  even here on Expat... like me.

Greetings from Peru,

:-)

Hi, I use Doulingo to increase my vocabulary and Hinative to find someone correct my pronunciation. I also learn by watching Video on YouTube.

Which part of China?

Ruthyie wrote:

YouTube, Martina. Many of us use it to learn about almost everything. Believe me. I have been able to learn German and now French this way. I have used MyLanguageExchange to find someone to practice with, I have always used for free,  though you can get a membresy However I think that there will be someone who is willing to help you with Spanish  even here on Expat... like me.

Greetings from Peru,

:-)

Thank you :) Ive tried few lessons already while ironing 😂 Its good. Also having an app on mobile so when can just repeating it ;)
And thank you for letting me know about thia website MyLanguageExchange, as never heard about it before.

Btw Happy Easter :)

Martina

Hi there,

I won't mind helping in teaching French and English to those wanting to learn theses two languages. In between, I would be willing to learn spanish . Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Hello, you have heard of Rosetta Stone and a method of studying any language for 6 dollars a month. It's very good. You can also buy the 5 levels in dvds. So, you don't have to pay anything else. I believe that in Amazom.com must have.
I've been in the US for almost 10 years! Today I'm living in Brazil.
I'm Brazilian, and I have American citizenship too!
I 'm 54 years old, I 'm a Christian woman and divorced...
I currently work for the Brazilian government as auditor.
I'm getting ready to go back to US. But, ironically, I 'm an American who doesn't speak English! lol
My whats app is 55 62 993045889.
God bless your heart!

Hello I would love to study French and emproof my English but after two weeks I'll be back from geo :):gloria

I am a native spanish speaker

i have to improve my English, any expat help me on that

I use to practice English with somefriends about  skype. I am a native spanish speaker, but I am lookig meet new friend around world wide. I am open minded and  I am student my WhatsApp **

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

G'day :)
I used http://duolingo.com/ (Duo Lingo, just in case the web address is edited out) to learn some German.
It was free and the teaching style suited my personal learning style.
Give it a go, it has quite a few languages.

(I thought my above reply was directly to ddolphin's initial message, sorry)

G'day.
I'm currently trying to learn Georgian, it's not so easy to find anything that is structured and suits my learning style.  I have a 6 hour audio recording but it doesn't really help.

Beyond that I am a native English speaker from Australia and I like meeting new people too and as long as I have some time I am happy to chat to people. Just message me :)

Thanks, Ian

Hi,
This is Ahmed I live here in Kuwait now and work as a telecom engineer, I'm actually planning for IELTS and would appreciate anybody to give any helping hand in exchanging English-Arabic.

Thanks in advance

"Hello I would love to study French and emproof my English..." [Marina - post 27 above]
No disrespect to Marina, but since she is seeking to improve her English she would be well advised to write (type) with a dictionary beside her, and if there is no dictionary in the house, to check her chosen words with dictionary.com.  I just did that with the word "emproof", and was asked if I meant "germproof"! Among the options offered to me by the site was "improve", which is the correct word in Marina's sentence. It's all very tricky, isn't it!

Get an American movie, preferably one you like,  with English dialogue and Spanish subtitles. Watch it over and over again, repeating the words and phrases while reading the subtitles. By knowing the content of the story, you will become familiar with the dialogue. Remember to repeat the words you are hearing while reading the Spanish subtitles. Thousands of people speak English by watching television, and many are superior to students who have had years of classes.

Watch TV. Listen carefully. If I can help you please let me know. Thanks

I like DuoLingo.com as well.  Their TinyCards mobile app is lots of fun and pretty effective. Try the Vietnamese language flashcards. Both are free.

Hello, i can help you to study French.

me too

Better use translation app its better than learning apps

Meet expats all over the world

OR