I'm looking for possible work in the Netherlands driving.

I speak only English and am trying to find companies that hire drivers from cars to large vehicles in the Netherlands. I currently have a friend living in Rotterdam that's a DJ and I only have my passport currently with aspirations of moving from the U.S.

Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link tour Handy Tools section; in there you'll find our Expat Guides, which will help you in planning your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

You can drive in the EU for up to 185 days on your US state licence; after which, you must exchange it for an EU license.

With regards to working as a driver in Holland, for vehicles greater than 7.5 tonnes, or for any taxi type vehicle, you need a "Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence"; for taxi work, you also need an additional "drivers-pass".  This link will take you to a wiki page that explains the process; unfortunately, it's in Dutch, but I just tried it and Google translate does a reasonable job with it.

To get the certificate, you have to take 4, or maybe 5 separate exams ("maybe" because 2 of them are driving tests if you don't already have a licence)  to do this, it's explained in the link.

I'd also advise you to learn Dutch to improve your chances of finding any work in Holland; most companies won't take you on unless you speak the language.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you so much!