British Woman wanting to marry Saudi Man.

Hi! I think in your case your husband can take your baby under his sponsorship. And you have to be here in Saudi Arabia for you to process your paper. In doing so, you need to apply for a temporary job here. We know someone that did the same thing here.

Hi. Question

We are married in philippines legally. We have a son and born in bahrain. Does the saudi govt will accept our marriage and how about the benefits our son

Hello. Is that possible? What will be the status of my son in case

Can i get your contact number so i can ask a personal question? Thanks

Hello. Maybe i can ask you my sitiation?

Saudi Govt will accept your baby and they will issue all the legal papers if you have legally marriage paper, about benefits its a kingdom there is no benefits for anyone even he spent his whole life in KSA.

Hi. But our marriage is only in philippines and filed here in bahrain. Our son is born here in bahrain and honor by his father. I mean the father of my son is the saudi

then your son can avail for the benefits by saudi goverment if the legal documents are with you.

I think you need to be aware that the Saudi government may NOT recognize the marriage if it was done without the requisite permissions (Saudi nationals MUST get permission from the government in advance of getting married to non-nationals).  In order for them to recognize it, your husband needs to inform them and they may then do an investigation as to why you got married without him taking permission from them first - as is the law.  But having a child makes it easier to get through.

To be clear, it is not about being married (which you are) but having the marriage recognized INSIDE KSA.

Hi could u send me ur email, i have the same situation

Hi im Indonesia and Im 19 years old and he is 29 years we want to get married as soon as possible
How if I married in Indonesia can I submit legal in saudi ? I dont know what to do he seems give up
But i still have a hope please help me what should I do

XTang wrote:

You would have to do everything from scratch.  It's not about anyone finding out, it's about them acknowledging that you are married to begin with.

Hi Xtang,

I noticed that you seem to have a lot of knowledge on this topic. I was hoping if you could kindly help me as I am in a similar position.

I am a British citizen who is with a Saudi man that is 44 and has his own business. I am 29, a Muslim and lawyer in the UK by profession. I am also of Iraqi origin (if this helps). The sad news came today when my partner was told by a friend, who works for MoI, that marriage permits are not given to non-Saudis now. The friend said that more than 40 requests from 4 months were on hold because no permission has been given. My partner asked him if he should wait for a while before applying but the response was that as long as the current government is in existence, there will be no marriage permits (and that this is not something that is declared in writing but through orders only).

Please could you clarify how much of the above is correct? If so, what are the alternatives or solutions? Also I don't believe this is relevant as I am British but as I am not familiar with the rules in Saudi, it's better to ask- would me being born in Iraq negatively affect the process or outcome of the marriage permission? I came to the UK from the age of 6.

I appreciate any advice and suggestions on the above dilemma.

Kind regards
Riri

The problem is that things in this part of the world change very quickly and without official notice.  As you are beginning to discover now.  I can't say whether it is correct or not but I would not be surprised if it was - this keeps happening here and there e.g. visas are put on hold for some nationalities from time to time, permissions are delayed here and there etc.  It is all very arbitrary.  You would need to keep following up with sources inside to keep getting updates.   Because what usually happens in these things is that one or two permissions are given after someone with a lot of wasta approaches and then the floodgates are opened - so to speak.

In terms of your situation, no one can stop you from getting married in the UK and making sure your rights and obligations are catered to.  The recognition of that marriage in Saudi is a problem but you might decide to still go ahead and then apply for a retrospective approval - a bit more difficult but then again, what do you have to lose at the current stage.  In terms of approval, nationality may or may not matter - generally speaking, the problem is Saudi with non-Saudi; all other considerations are secondary :).

Hi! I have read from your comment that you know someone who can expedite a Saudi Marriage Approval. I am currently in Riyadh, I work here and my fiance is a Saudi. We are already going to submit our requirements to the govt. Will you be able to help us? I am currently pregnant and we our aiming to get married before the baby comes out. Hope to hear from you.

Hi everyone! I got married to a Saudi National 2 years ago in Seychelles. We both are working in UAE. Our docs are stamped and recognized in UAE MOFA too. However, i have a concern to ask. We are planning to have a child soon. Can the child acquire the Saudi Passport? What could be the requirements?

Your saudi must apply for permission/pardon for you to be recognised as a wife of saudi.

Hi your husband must process your marriage pardon for you to be legally and to be recognised as a wife of saudi in ksa

The marriage approvals not same to all couples who acquiring it. Some of them takes how many years,some of them months only.

Your husband must process marriage permission so the ksa will recognise and legally you can enter in ksa as wife of saudi.

Thank you all for the quick response. Take care ☺️

Bismillah

Go and get married in another country and come back to KSA. This is better than committing Zina, which most of these un-Islamic laws cause. Nothing in Islam prohibits marrying based on age, except if the parties are not at the age of knowledge.

Don't remain in sin, go to Bahrain or Egypt or etc, get married and he can head back without issues. but should you get pregnant, the child will not get Saudi citizenship because of lack of Saudi Gov permission (Which they don't have the right to make) Only parents/wali can make this determination according to the Sharia, not secular laws

Allah knows best

Hi Nili_20 - I'm a British Muslim expat moving to Saudi soon. How did things go with registering the marriage in Saudi, etc?

@Tariq24 Hello !

This is quite an old thread. I suggest you send her a private message by clicking on her photo she will then receive a notification and maybe reply.

Regards

Bhavna

@Xtc4surfer

Hi can you please guide me. I'm a Saudi who was born in Britain and has a British passport. I need some advice on this subject.

Thanks

@bakhaity

hello and welcome !

What information are you looking for ? Please ask your questions.

Regards

Bhavna