Moving back to the U.S. from Mexico

I know this is not the norm but we are considering moving back to the U.S. at some point. We are currently in Cozumel and would be driving. I have my Permanent Resident card and hubby is Mexican. Has anyone done this and, if so, can you provide any tip or suggestions we should consider?

If your husband does not have a permanent resident card for US probably should forget it.
Can't imagine it would be easy for your husband to get approval to cross the border.

Well, he has a Visa. We go twice a year via air.

Good luck...it would take a miracle in this political climate for him to be allowed to stay...after 2020 it should lighten up but it's only going to get worse For a while

I'm very ashamed of our current administration ..very embarrassed..very disappointed that anyone supports what s happening

Why would you want to leave such a beautiful place for a country that judges people on national origin and skin color or religion?

I know it's not all hunky dory in Mexico,  but here kids get shot in school, women get raped on college campuses, we are taxed to poverty, and our work weeks are increasing while the price of housing is skyrocketing

They are trying to take away the health care for low income, and most agencies cannot help low income families.

Homeless are everywhere you go  you cannot escape seeing it.

Immigrants People are getting rounded up and separated from their US citizen family members, including children.  Mother's being deported for no other reason than not being here legally.  The children being left behind while one or both parents being deported.

I really do wish you well, but do encourage you to wait.

It seems that you have nothing to worry about. Just do it by the rules. If you need a full move, then send the things by the delivery service, and make up a guest visa for the husband if he is not a citizen of the country. Just do everything according to the law.

Make out your documents for entry through the embassy. This will save you from unnecessary problems. Things can really send a transport company or use a customs broker. We used https://clearit.ca/ to bring things to Canada. Problems with things, receipt and customs did not arise.