Visa possible?

Hello,   I am looking to re locate from Thailand ( the land of samiles) to Cambodia...  I am currently on a retirement visa in Thailand.  I am only 52 yo.  I had to deposit a hefty sum in the bank for 3 months prior to applying.  ( Show money)   

Now my question here is, I do not have a monthly income to show as a pension. So How do I get to stay 1 year?   There must be a way similar to what Thailand required.  Or is there another way to grease the wheels?                                       

Mr Boinker says Thank you in advanced!!

You can apply for a retirement extension of stay even if you are under 55, but you have to prove your retirement status and the way you have income. You must live from something so I guess you have money that you can withdraw or even send to a new Cambodian bank account. If you can prove you are financially self-sufficient it shouldn't be a problem.

It is explicitly forbidden to work when on a retirement extension.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Yes I have money that can be moved and Shown i.e inheritance. If there is a number that they want to see in a cambodian bank account then I could do that.  But this is not a constant income..like a retiree pension.

That's ok, it is to show you are self sufficient, that's all they care about.

You might be asked to write a letter yourself that you are self sufficient and will not work.

Joe

Sounds hopeful!  Thanks Joe