New Here!!!

Are there any fb groups you recommend for ex pats?  Im in the expats in the DR Group already.

FB like most, if not all social media, do not protect your privacy AND that of all of your contacts. Have you really read & comprehended their "privacy" statements? It gives them permission to use any & all of your information & of your contacts & theirs also. I will no longer inflict that invasion on anyone.   Remember Orwell. Knowedge Is Control.  Years ago I joined FB before I knew the danger. I still have it, but only use it to see who is looking at it.  Sorry that I'm unable to assist you in your search for connections.

I belong to "everything Sosua", "Everything Cabarete" and a couple more. Nice sources for local information.

Yes they are. Not the intrusive sites that I deplore.  I foolishly neglected to differentiate the ones to whom you inform of what you ate for breakfast with the truly helpful ones. I aplogize for this oversight..

I keep a very, very, very low profile on FB and in fact  I am considering leaving it.  Too much personal info out there on the super highway for my liking

Bob K

I have been called many things in the past & probably earned most of them.  My dislike and fear of intrusion into my privacy & others has been vindicated by the recent exposure of FB & others of the same ilk.  Never, ever post personal info, Never!   Forewarned is forearmed. ...........Doth Spake The Tuba

I have found Everything Sosua and Everything Caberette on FB to be helpful. I found a baker, a furniture mover and some transportation options there. And, lots of info on local markets and get together.

There are 2 version/sites for each town. 1 is for restaurants, other for questions, info, stuff for sale/rent. And yes, don't publish your address, personal info, or meet anyone alone.

ChristieE     You are correct on that for sure.   I'm just against the thought of having my privacy & those of my contacts being stolen & sold to others, "F" them.  A ?,    did you mention a good budget hotel near you?  2pvtSoldier needs one for his weeding guests in the end of August. Greetings from the F. L. bar. Have a safe & speedy return.

The place I like is small. 7 1 bedroom cabanas. It is very nice. Up the hill by Playero, across from the funeral home but up just a bit. Natura Village. Nice pool, nice kitchens, ac, futon in the living area.

http://www.bungalow-naturavillage.com/s … ex.php/en/

And, they light like Casa Marina. It is always reasonably priced.

Thanks Christie, I'm sure 2cp soldier will see it. I'l PM him to look for your post. I can't read the damn blue link. Still love your cap.

I quit fb months ago, and yet I still get the occasional email trying to entice me to come back.  Even after I opted out of receiving emails. I can't recommend a fb group, but I  personally know there are Dominican related groups on it. Type in their search engine and you will find many.