Query about employment pass and single entry visa

Hello Everyone,

I want to know about some details regarding employment pass. I have a employer who is currently processing my employment pass and i received a certain information that they are waiting for approval from mdec and upon approval, i will be able to come to malaysia with a single entry visa that i need to collect from malaysian embassy from my home country. I have doubt regarding this single entry visa. Does it mean upon arrival, i wont be able to travel back home country without violating the employment pass. To be specific, what if i need to travel back for 1-2 days to my home country and then again come back to malaysia. Will this scenario work with single entry visa or do i need multiple entry entry visa along with employment pass?

The SEV is the only legal way to enter Malaysia for visa-nationals who are taking up employment. The employer has 30 days after arrival to get the EP endorsed into the passport of the employee.  There are no travel restrictions thereafter, but there can be some income tax implications for longer personal absences.

Thanks gravitas for the information. I was confused with the term single entry visa and thought once reaching malaysia, i wont be able to travel. My employer is working on employment pass and if needed i will be leaving malaysia for 1-2 days due to some family work. There won't be any long absences. So employment pass can be considered as multiple entry pass after endorsing it on the passport.

Here's some info about the SEV (also referred to as the VDR - visa with reference)

http://visaapplicationmalaysia.com/indi … uired.html

Thanks a lot gravitas.

This answer just made my confusion away :) thanks, Gravitas!