Residency visa small business

Hi I would like  to get an opinion - I am wanting to move to DR and buy a small business. I do not have the 200,000 for investor visa or enough retirement income to qualify. I have called the consulate twice and got the same answer. They tell me If I go there and buy a small business that is operating I can then return to Canada and apply for residency. They tell me there is no restriction on amount of investment as long as the business is in operation. So this seems strange to me but it is the only answer I get from them.
I have been told by some on here that is incorrect info but not sure what my next step should be.
If I could not get residency then I would be forced to move there and just stay.

So has anyone done this buying a small business say for $50,000 and got residency.
It would be a big problem to buy a business and then find out I cant live and work at the business.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

If they are referring to getting a "business entry visa" then this makes sense.  Does it lead to residencia? I don't know, i"ve not seen it but I will find out. Friday I am meeting with a lawyer regarding several cases pending and I will ask the question!

thanks I made it clear I want to live there and be able to work in the business.