Looking for advisors/experts in Thailand

Hello everyone,

Expat.com is the leading community platform dedicated to expatriation that aims to help those who live or wish to live abroad, including Thailand.

We are currently looking for one or more advisors/experts ( volunteers) with a good knowledge about Thailand to help keep the Thailand forum active, and help members in their journey to gather information about their move abroad.

You will join a team who comes from all corners of the world and whose ambition is to share their knowledge of their host country.

So that you have a better idea of ​​the possible missions of an advisor/expert, we have created an introduction page which I invite you to read  :  program Experts.

If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact me in private or post on this thread :)

Thank you in advance for your help and support, I wish you a great day,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi Priscilla,

I'd be glad to help; im an ex Thailand / Pattaya expat and i keep up to date in regards to Thailand and expats issues while visiting or living there.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Priscilla, I would be happy to help the community members in case they have any issue.
Thanks

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I'm living here for 16 years, teaching English for 14, and it would be my pleasure to come up with ideas, solutions, etc..

Kind regards from Sisaket,

Mike with family

I just found you on Expat.com and I don't think I qualify as the kind of expert you are looking for.
I was a driving instructor in USA. For two years in the military and, later, three years as a civilian.
When I came to Thailand more than ten years ago I considered starting my own driving school but
when I got my Thai license and the instructor wanted to give me an award for a ten minute test drive -- I think the award was for driving on the proper side of the road -- after I checked the traffic in a few cities and villages -- I dropped the idea.
I am old but I decided to maintain my sanity for a few more years.

I 'm Jib. I 'm Thai and live in On nut Bangkok. I quite interested in your Project.
So can I have more information in your project?

I am living in thailand from 8 years.
I can help

wmalexander wrote:

I just found you on Expat.com and I don't think I qualify as the kind of expert you are looking for.
I was a driving instructor in USA. For two years in the military and, later, three years as a civilian.
When I came to Thailand more than ten years ago I considered starting my own driving school but
when I got my Thai license and the instructor wanted to give me an award for a ten minute test drive -- I think the award was for driving on the proper side of the road -- after I checked the traffic in a few cities and villages -- I dropped the idea.
I am old but I decided to maintain my sanity for a few more years.

My wife made her license when I had to receive an artificial knee joint abroad after the local doctors had messed my leg up that the Tibia head after the OP looked like some freakin' Somtham that was forgotten in the hot sun for ten plus years. ( Use your own imagination, please..)

My lovely wife then drove my Mitsu L 200 for a few months and when I came back I saw that she's never using the fifth gear. When I pointed that out, it turned out that she'd made her license on an older pick up with a four gearbox. Thai people in general, are the world's best drivers.  :o

Mr. Gulfport,

Would you be willing to talk to me about living abroad and or in Chiang Mai? I laugh cause I used to live in Gulfport MS not sure if that is where you got your Moniker from. anyway it would be nice to get a expat perspective before I pull the trigger.

V/R
Thomas

Be glad to help when I can

Volunteer on a commercial website ? Why ?

BangkokStick wrote:

Volunteer on a commercial website ? Why ?

Many members helped me when I was fresh off the boat so I'm giving something back.

Selfishness is not a good way to live.

When a website makes a lot of money but USE members to work for free, I find very funny that some people just accept to be slaves.

BangkokStick wrote:

When a website makes a lot of money but USE members to work for free, I find very funny that some people just accept to be slaves.

Then don't do it, but also shut your face insulting the better members that do this to help others.
This isn't anything to do with money, it's giving back to ordinary members, the sort of people that helped me when I needed it.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Whining, useless comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
BangkokStick wrote:

Only very selfish people who're very arrogant and ignorant would write such excremental rubbish as you do.

I'm volunteering for an organisation that helps certain nationals in emergency situations and I've made some good friends within the organisation.

Calling people who spend some time for others, slaves only shows what kind of person you are.

Please do not insult people on here who have a different mindset than you've got

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. Did your mom not give you enough milk?

Isaanfarang wrote:

Only very selfish people who're very arrogant and ignorant would write such excremental rubbish as you do.

You're probably wasting your time trying to explain (as I was) because people like that only post such stuff to:
get a reaction (supplied - the second word is 'off')
are far too selfish and self important to understand helping strangers is a fine hobby.

I really don't give a flying rats how much the site earns for the owners, I do this to help people. As for cash, I earn easily enough to look after my family, save a useful amount, and I work in a philanthropic organisation dedicated to helping others - Bonus.

I'll live with being called foolish if my foolishness helps other people out of a difficult situation.

By the way, your use of "excremental " was almost Shakespearean - have you considered writing Sonnet 155?

Shall I compare thee to a summers day ...... no, that's been done.

Fred wrote:
Isaanfarang wrote:

You're probably wasting your time trying to explain (as I was) because people like that only post such stuff to:
get a reaction (supplied - the second word is 'off')
are far too selfish and self important to understand helping strangers is a fine hobby.

I really don't give a flying rats how much the site earns for the owners, I do this to help people. As for cash, I earn easily enough to look after my family, save a useful amount, and I work in a philanthropic organisation dedicated to helping others - Bonus.

I'll live with being called foolish if my foolishness helps other people out of a difficult situation.

By the way, your use of "excremental " was almost Shakespearean - have you considered writing Sonnet 155?

Shall I compare thee to a summers day ...... no, that's been done.

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I just wanted to thank you very much for the heads up. You usually find these people on a "well known" website that starts with a T and then followed by a forum.

These people do not seem to care when others are in deep shite and even make fun of their bad luck which could happen to any of us.

But you can often see by some guy's choice of their username what inconsistent people they really are.

"Bangkok digghead", or "Pattaya bananacatcher", they're all the same. Not satisfied with their lives, their little one doesn't work anymore, not even with the help of "Pfizer's best", so they need to look down at others to make themselves look better. Also called pinheads, or nitwits.

I deeply appreciate when others help me with some advice so why shouldn't I help others by spending a few minutes to type some letters?

But please, let's not go down the same path of some uneducated nincompoops who're "out of lunch" and stay on topic. Kind regards.