Moving to Bangkok with my partner. How much can we save?

My partner and I will be moving to BKK in August. After tax I believe we'll be taking home around 165k baht per month between us. We're a social couple who would eat out at least twice a week and enjoy a night out twice a month.
We'll be working around Phaya Thai, but have been looking at the Phrom Phong are to live in on a budget of 30-35k (2 bed). Would this be a long distance to travel in the mornings?
One of our main reasons for teaching abroad is to pay off some debt. On that take home, roughly how much would we be able to save while still having a comfortable lifestyle? I understand that everyone is different, just looking for a rough guide of the living costs for a month.

All information I've found so far has been for single people or families, as it's just the two of us I'm thinking the figures may be different.
Any advice would be great and much appreciated.
Thanks

You should have no problem saving if you live the life mentioned in your post.  If you spend over 100k a month then you are not trying to save.

Locate apartment/condo within short walk to skytrain and it will be easy commute although trains will be crowed during rush hour times. 

Check this site for cost of living info.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bangkok

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

From my assessment, you can further save costs if you take a smaller place and maybe stay nearer to Phaya Thai.

Phrom Pong can get quite crowded too.

If you can take a smaller apartment and stay nearer, you would be saving on transport too.

If you have a frugal lifestyle, i think saving THB50-80k is possible. Good luck