NEW- Greek moving to Madrid

Dear  All

I need your advice.

I am single moving to Madrid to work at Madrid International Airport.  My salary will be 3000EUR Gross per month and my company will only pay for the leased car.

Will i be able to have a normal life e.g going out once per week with that salary?

which places, suburbs relatively close to the airport are best to rent a studio or one bedroom apartment and what are the rents like there.

Really appreciate any feedback

Welcome on Expat.com transworld1

I have moved your discussion to Madrid forum for effective networking & for more visibility!

Regards

Whoa! 3000 euros is nearly double what most people get paid in Spain! So no doubt you will have pleeeenty to splurge on with that fat salary! In fact, there are alot of great activities for free to enjoy in Madrid daily - check out  madridfree.com

transworld1 wrote:

Dear  All

I need your advice.

I am single moving to Madrid to work at Madrid International Airport.  My salary will be 3000EUR Gross per month and my company will only pay for the leased car.

Will i be able to have a normal life e.g going out once per week with that salary?

which places, suburbs relatively close to the airport are best to rent a studio or one bedroom apartment and what are the rents like there.

Really appreciate any feedback

Hi! A friend of mine offers a room to share in the city center. Great place. Not close to the airport but easy to move there by tube. If you are still looking for a place to stay. Kind regards, pilar.