Bringing my Cat to Kuala Lumpur

Good day,

Once I find a residence in Kuala Lumpur I intend to bring my cat into the city from Canada.

How can I dodge the 7 day quarantine either with documentation or by giving the right official a cash expedition service fee?

The new requirement seems to be that a pet or import agent only can apply for the import permit.

https://ohmyexpatlife.com/2016/10/05/im … -malaysia/

How can a pet apply for a permit?

Thank you for the link so I can read it for myself.

:D

I brought my cat with me. He was already waiting at the luggage collection when I unboarded. Got his papers stamped and no quarantine.

Where were you traveling from Muna? I'm traveling from Canada.

From London. My vet in Sutton prepared all the paperwork (passport, vaccination records and all other documents). I think it was because the vet had followed the vaccination requirements to the T made the process smooth.

I think you should check from both ends. In some places, the quarantine is prior to exiting home country.

Thanks for trying to be helpful Muna.

Only pets from A (rabies Free) countries can avoid quarentine, Canada is not one of then (UK is) so try to reserve the air conditioned room for your cat, will be easy for him and for you(if you go to visit) but if you cant do it, is possible to bring a fan. Remember, they dont feed the pets in quarentine, thats your responsabilite

Passports? Cats have Passports??

Yes, they have :)

Hi, you can also ask some local companies to help you as Petrelocation for example.
You have to pay them but seems easier than manage it yourself.

Be careful pet passports do not seem to be valide in here ...it seems only validated papers from authorities (English and Malaysia) to be Considered.

Pets not fed in quarantine but you can find someone (against paiement 😊) to look after your cat and feed him when you are not with him.

Good luck

They ask for my cats passaport (and keep it until my cats leave the quarentiny) when i enter in KL 2 mounths ago... And other papers. You need to search the requirements from your country.