Suggestions to learn Bahasa quickly

Dear All,

I have just shifted to Jakarta, Indonesia from India. Kindly request you to provide your kind suggestions on how to go about learning Bahasa quickly as it is the need of the hour for my new role.

Please suggest good Bahasa coaching class if any and share their contact number and fee structure if any. This will help me in making an informed decision.

Thanking you.

Warm Regards,

Pritesh Shetty

Hi Pritesh,

I was wondering if you have found a bahasa indonesian class yet?

Hi Abdul,

Not yet. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Warm Regards,

Pritesh Shetty

I've just added this to another thread.
Go to local schools and ask teachers there. Many are very underpaid so take side work to supplement their income.

Btw, did you already put an ad in the classifieds a the top of the page or checked to see if anyone is offering? Every now and again we see young local girls opening new topics by offering their services to teach bahasa in Jakarta and I always tell them to place an ad in the classifieds, so why don't you see if they have and also place an ad yourself.

I second Fred's post #4. Teachers commonly teach out of school or weekends to earn extra money. Not sure how you'll get to meet the teachers but it's a good way to get someone to teach you. Sometimes you can go intot the school and speak with the admin people and they might assist in finding a teacher. Don't get arrested for stalking while waiting outside schools though.

Hi still looking for a Bahasa Indonesia teacher? I can help if you're still looking for it

hi I can help you if you still looking for it.

yes I have found one. Thank you!

Glad to know that you have fund a course to learn Bahasa Indonesia. It is really worth learning the language from the basics. I learnt from books and occasional girl friends and short courses since 1980 and that's probably why my grammar is a mixture of old fashioned Indonesian mixed with modern colloquial Indonesian.