Getting a spouse visa in Romania

If someone has any experience, could really use the help. Ibeen  maried to a romanian citizen and we just got our marriage legalized in romania , but we are also expecting our baby in the next 3 mnts (.and alredy deposid the hospital payment)  Running after doctors and documents we forgot thay i have only 90.days permit stay in romania without a visa and we are.at day 81 now ://_ what i can do.to.extend my stay here without leaving the country for 3 mnth like the regulations of shengem apply. Does the marriage sertificate.change things ? Thank you

Hi there. Im not sure where you are from so maybe that may change the process for you. But im from south africa and i got married to my romanian husband about a month ago.

You need to apply for a residence permit and then go for an interview. But your application must be submitted before your visa expires. In which case you will have 6 months to stay here. Even if your visa expires. The authorities have 6 months to decide on your residency.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much, shure will try it in monday. Can you tell me where you applied for residence permit and what documents you needed ?

You go to the immigration center (serviciu de immigrari) with your spouse and then make a demand for a residence permit. The documents you will need is your marriage certificate, ID of your spouse, your valid visa and passport (note that it must still be valid at the time of application, it's fine if it expires but you must apply BEFORE expiry) proof of accommodation in Romania (I assume you stay with your spouse, so proof of address in his name), medical insurance proof valid for one year, birth certificates of both you and your spouse.

But I must be honest with you, if you forgot that your visa expires and you have 9 days left then I wish you good luck to get your application in by then. I think it is possible but you can't waste any more time.
They won't be too happy with "I forgot".

If you didn't make a demand for residency by the time your visa is expired then you must leave the country. Otherwise you are overstaying your 90-day allowance.

I would best suggest you go to the immigration offices asap and find out these things. We do not have a baby on the way, perhaps you will need other papers or other rules apply in this case.

For example, if you get married and you take your spouse's surname, then your passport with your old surname won't be valid anymore neither and you can't apply for residency with that visa.

Good luck!

sherisevd wrote:

You go to the immigration center (serviciu de immigrari) with your spouse and then make a demand for a residence permit. The documents you will need is your marriage certificate, ID of your spouse, your valid visa and passport (note that it must still be valid at the time of application, it's fine if it expires but you must apply BEFORE expiry) proof of accommodation in Romania (I assume you stay with your spouse, so proof of address in his name), medical insurance proof valid for one year, birth certificates of both you and your spouse.

But I must be honest with you, if you forgot that your visa expires and you have 9 days left then I wish you good luck to get your application in by then. I think it is possible but you can't waste any more time.
They won't be too happy with "I forgot".

If you didn't make a demand for residency by the time your visa is expired then you must leave the country. Otherwise you are overstaying your 90-day allowance.

I would best suggest you go to the immigration offices asap and find out these things. We do not have a baby on the way, perhaps you will need other papers or other rules apply in this case.

For example, if you get married and you take your spouse's surname, then your passport with your old surname won't be valid anymore neither and you can't apply for residency with that visa.

Good luck!

I dont understand your last sentence :) if she/he changed the old surname on passport into spouse's surname, who would do it ? do at her/his home country OR at spouse's local area in Romania ?

But after that she/he can use that passport and new name to come back/visit to her/his home country???

Please explain for me, thank you so much!

Hi there! That's what they don't tell you. If you change your surname, you would first have to go apply for a new passport at your country's embassy here in Romania, assuming you have time before your visa expires, with all the required documents to obtain a passport and your marriage certificate with your new name. Once you have the passport, you can apply for your residence permit with your new name. All documents must correspond. If your passport and your marriage certificate does not hold the same name, it's not a valid document. Obviously.

We decided to keep our own names in order to avoid unnecessary complications with the residence card now considering time constraints and also, we live very far from the South African embassy in Romania. Traveling up and down is a hassle.

The only problem now is, if I want to change my name to my husband's in the future, I would have to do it in my home country. I can not do it in Romania anymore. It was only possible on the day we got married.

I'm sorry, but when did Romania start doing interview for spousal residence cards?

I was married to my Romanian wife in 2013 (US Citizen) and other than three or four days of running around grabbing documents from the local municipal and the Romanian police showing I had no issues and such, I just went to the immigration center, turned in my packet, took my picture and told me it could take up to 90 days if there were no issues. I never had to do any kind of interview.

I'll have to check my Permis de sedere but I arrived in early April and started my Romanian residence stuff about two weeks before my 90 day allowance was up, I had no issues at all.

Granted a 5 year residence card.

You're a U.S citizen... God bless America. Lol

In all seriousness though, the rules don't seem to be the same for everyone. As always when it comes to immigration, it is up to them ... and they do consider where you are from I guess.

My translator mentioned this.

I'm still a non-EU citizen and I wasn't a resident of Romania so the same rules would apply.

Edit: Oh, and I believe It might have not been so much of an issue because I had proof of international health insurance and verified income as to not become a burden of the country.

Those things are required by the law or immigration when you apply. Take a look at the other forums. Some people seem to take an interview, others not. In my personal opinion I think it's because of your nationality... but we're here to state facts and processes 😁 So in that case I don't have the faxts. Only that an interview was required for me and many others.

Sherisev I am also a South African looking to marry a Romanian. I am very interested to find out how you have adjusted in Romania coming from SA and having the language barriers of English being spoken very selectively and job restrictions. Would appreciate your input. Thanks T

Hi! I'm happy to chat. Let me inbox you

I'm a Pakistani citizen and I got married with a Romanian women in Dubai, anyone can let me know that now how my wife can bring me there or how I can get visa of Romania, and what is requirements now for me

Hello, my wife is Romania and i from india. i have submitted the documents for id in July but i just got an interview letter from immigration. what should i expect in the interview and is it compulsory to take translator in the interview, as i can speak English.
Please suggest how long they take to issue the ID and for how many years they will give.

shan133 wrote:

Hello, my wife is Romania and i from india. i have submitted the documents for id in July but i just got an interview letter from immigration. what should i expect in the interview and is it compulsory to take translator in the interview, as i can speak English.
Please suggest how long they take to issue the ID and for how many years they will give.

Contact me, I'm also married with a Romanian citizen

Hi, my husband has his South African citizenship but he's got his romanian passport. We've just gotten our marriage certificate apostile in South Africa and will be registering our marriage in Romania.

Can anyone help with the process moving forward? I've read that we would need to move to Romania for a time for me to get a romanian passport. We are looking at relocating to Romania, not sure what I would need for a working visa in this time?

If anyone had some advice for us.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Linz > I've read that we would need to move to Romania for a time for me to get a romanian passport.

I think that you would have to apply through the family reunification program.
http://igi.mai.gov.ro/en/content/opinio … nification

But in order for that to happen, your husband will probably have to (re)establish residence in Romania first, assuming both of you are in S.A. at the moment, or in a third country.

Assuming you can enter Romania with your  S.A. passport w/o requiring a visa, you could probably just move and deal with the paperwork from Romania. If you need a visa extension until the family reunification is resolved, I would assume under the circumstances you stand a good chance to get it, just go with your husband to the immigration office.

Good luck.

Kindly direct me where I can buy the insurance needed, thx.

Hello kindly help me on which questions I should expect on the interview! Thx.

Brother can you tell me what happened about You guys now...what did you took next step ? Kindly guide me as well...am also Pakistani...in dubai

Hi, Prince_007,

I am new to the forum. Can u please tell me what is it that you need?

Do you need the steps in order to obtain your Romanian citizenship?

I can help you with either advice or even to submit the file on your behalf.

Good luck.

Hi bro.  I also got married with a Romanian lady and i got Marriage certificate that recognised from Romania so what is the next step how to get the visa. Now am in Dubai

Hi there, I know this post is old but I am just taking a chance to find out what exact steps you took and what paper work you needed when getting married in Romania? (assuming you and your spouse got married there)

I am South African and my fiancé is Romanian.

Hi there. So could you know me please about the procedure

Hi madam i just married with a Romania lady in Dubai now I want to move Romania

Hi how are you. Am also married with Romania lady now I will just submitted my documents for visa.. what else more will be required.

How much time will take to get a Romania passport if we married with a Romania citizens.

Romanian citizenship by naturalization can be obtained by legally residing in Romania as a permanent resident for eight years. Also, it's necessary to have a stable and regular income, a legal title to the occupied living premises, confirmed knowledge about the Romanian language, history and civilization, etc.

If you're married to a Romanian citizen, you get a small discount on the time required for naturalization (five years from the marriage date). You must, however, be legally resident in Romania, not living overseas.

AoA how are you brother
i am shahrukh from pakistan and live in pakistan now
i am married with romanian citizen
my married is register in romania cousil but whts futher documents require for apply visa she send me strasght certificate in pk or
need  attestation nd register somewhere else also
plz reply me as soon as possible i am waiting ur reply thnx bro

Yes bro text me on whatsp.***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Andreea Paducel please reply me I need your help

- @tareqaziz454
Hello,
can i help u?

- @tareqaziz454
That member hasn't been active in quite some time.  Perhaps you could introduce yourself first and present your issue.  Someone else might be able to offer advice, for free.....

Romaniac

Hello Miss Andreea Paducel.  I have sent you a private note.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Ed