Structural Engineer, job hunting

Hello! I'm Ciro, I'm 33 and I am an Italian Structural Engineer who would like to relocate to the Netherlands. I speack English, Italian and a little bit of French and German.

I am in this forum because I hope to find usefull information on how found a job in the country.

How hard is to find a job for a guy in my position? I have a really good skills and a really good CV, but I don't speak (yet) Dutch. Plus, I'm appling from the Italy because I have a family and even if I will able to relocate in a two or three days after I will found a job, I cannot afford to leave my job here until I will found anything in the Netherlands. Obviously I will came in the country for any interview necessary to land a job.

Thank you

Hi Ciro and welcome to the Forum. :)

You have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU; assuming your qualifications are recognised in Holland, then your single problem is you don't speak Dutch, which will almost certainly severely limit the scope of the work you can do in your profession; for example, all the regulatory information relevant to your profession in Holland will be in Dutch; you'll be expected to produce reports and evaluations in Dutch at a high-level of competency.

What have you done so far to look for work?  Taking into account that you have a family who depends on you and assuming your heart is set on leaving Italy, I'm thinking you may be better off finding work in an English speaking country.

Cynic
Expat Team