I am a Majority Shareholder who has applied for DP10. Need opinions.

Hi,

I am a Majority Shareholder and Director of a Company and have received approval for my company on ESD. I have submitted by visa application 2 days ago on ESD for myself as a "Shareholder-Development Director". I am 26 years old, and my company has paid up capital of RM800k and i am a majority shareholder. I do not meet the working experience requirement, BUT, i am a majority shareholder.

I would just like to ask if:

1. Being a majority shareholder will increase my chances of getting the visa
2. How long does the process typically take for a response after submission

Thanks!

1. Being a majority shareholder will increase my chances of getting the visa
No - the issue is if the skills are available among the local workforce you could be viewed only as an investor.

2. How long does the process typically take for a response after submission
Up to 4 weeks

Are you outside Malaysia while you apply for the EP?

This may be an interesting read - http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/major-pr … d-company/

Thanks for your reply Gravitas. Any idea if my business/position is in the line of Orthopedics, which i feel is quite niche, it will increase my chances?

Depends on your stated role and technical contribution to the company. If you design prostheses then perhaps that could be a niche area.

The job description (required qualifications and experience) you submit to ESD will be crucial to gaining approval.  Check also you have applied for the right Category in terms of JD, etc. and monthly salary. It all needs to add up.

Hi Gravitas,

Submitted application on the 13th of March. Got it approved today! So happy! Thanks for your input!

Hi Gravitas,

Submitted application on the 13th of March. Got it approved today! So happy! Thanks for your input!

Great news!! Wishing you every success  with your company

Has that happened before according to your experience? 3 days approval?

New company owners are not often posting in the forum. Mainly it's employee immigration processing. So not really comparable

Hi Gravitas,

Can you help to explain to me what i have to do next as a Singapore citizen who has obtained approval for the visa?

Hi Khaiazhar,

Did you apply for the DP10 Business Visa yourself or you used some company assist you? Can you share your experience, please?

Have you heard of QADKAM? They supposedly assist in getting the DP10 Business Visa. Are they a legit company? Thanks!