Spousal visa

hi, applied for a spousal visa at embassy in south africa.i got it and flew to german 28 jan..i went to foreingn office and apllied for my permit,but i was under the impresson that its for 2 years,but was told its only valid for 1 year,upon asking further was given for 13 months .now i want to know why for only 12.because the sickness insurance wont give a sickness if permit is only valid for 12 months,,if i dont have a sickness insurance when applying for my second permit it wont be granted.

I assume you got a family reunion visa based on joining your (German or foreign) spouse living in Germany.
In that case you must join a German health insurance (either of the public or private scheme, with different coverages and fee structures).
If your spouse is in the public scheme and you have no own income, you can join hers at no extra charge.
If you have your own income or intend to work, you must get your own insurance.
Health insurances often make trouble when you try to join them. But since there are a few hundred on the market, just try another one!
Let them give you any rejection in writing, so you can appeal. Do not let them dissuade you from formally applying for membership - because then you have no paper trail.

yes thanks for the information,,i spoke to the man from the private insurance that gave my wife her insurance says i will get mine from the aok,,