Job Seeker Visa

I have just arrived on Job Seeker Visa. What should I do next? Find accommodation or find a job?.

Preferably both, I would think.
Where are you going to sleep tonight?

Staying in a hostel. But for Registration in the city, I need to have an accommodation form signed by a landlord. Please help me through the process.

What should I do?

If you are staying somewhere for more than, I think, two weeks (please confirm this!), you need to register it as residence with the local authority. This applies to hostels, too. The hostel management can fill the required form.

I asked the hostel but they are not filling it :(

Well, by law they have to.
So, if they don't you could sue them to do it.
But I guess you won't, because it's not worth the hazzle (and would take months in any case).
Then you should find another place to stay and register after moving there.

Or you could go to the registration office with your booking of the accommodation (must be longer than two weeks), explain that they refuse to fill the landlord form and ask what to do.

Can registration be done on shared flat? Or it has to be a full flat?

You have to register wherever you live - no matter under what circumstances!

If you don't register properly, you can be fined up to €1000.
The same fine applies to a landlord who does not sign the form.

What do I do :( I cannot find a place :(((

Of course having a place to stay is prerequisite to registering it.
Ask at another hotel or hostel whether they'd fill the form if you make a long-term booking. Or try short-term serviced apartments that can be rented by the month or sometimes even week.

Didn't you have to show an accommodation booking to get the JSV?
Normally that is part of the requirements.

If you have no job yet and are otherwise geographically flexible, you could move to a city with an easier rental market, where you can find a place to rent (and register) quickly and cheaply. These are mainly Eastern German cities like Leipzig or Chemnitz. But of course there's a reason for the low price: You won't find a job there! But maybe it's worth it as a temporary base during your job search, which is likely to take several months anyway.

beppi wrote:

Didn't you have to show an accommodation booking to get the JSV?
Normally that is part of the requirements.

yes, they asked me to book a hotel or hostel for 15 days and then book whatever. But this stupid hostel doesn't help.

beppi wrote:

If you have no job yet and are otherwise geographically flexible, you could move to a city with an easier rental market, where you can find a place to rent (and register) quickly and cheaply. These are mainly Eastern German cities like Leipzig or Chemnitz. But of course there's a reason for the low price: You won't find a job there! But maybe it's worth it as a temporary base during your job search, which is likely to take several months anyway.

I was thinking for Berlin! is that easier and cheaper than Hamburg?

They made you book 15 days because that is enough to register.
Hamburg and Berlin both are among the more expensive places in Germany (only topped by some Southern cities like Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt).

beppi wrote:

They made you book 15 days because that is enough to register.
Hamburg and Berlin both are among the more expensive places in Germany (only topped by some Southern cities like Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt).

I dont speak German so people suggest me not to go south. :(

Oh, you don't speak German?!?
Then it will be very difficult to find a job at all. (I'd suggest you attend a few months of language classes first!)
But who told you not to go South for that reason???
I suggested to avoid the South (or West, or Berlin) for the ease of finding accommodation. (The exact opposite as for jobs or English speakers.)

My profession is IT so i thought i ll find something

Well then, good luck - you'll need it!

Khalid,

Can you please tell us how you have booked the appointment for Job seeker visa.
As i have checked the website it is showing as "Unfortunately appointment is not available"
Can anyone please help with this waiting for your response.

Thank you.

The IT branch is one of the exceptions where one might have an OK chance of finding a job without already speaking German. But if you stay in Germany, you should learn it as quickly as possible regardless. Even if not required for a job it will make life easier and more enjoyable. And I didn't understand where you mean by "south". Of course if you mean southern Europe, it's a true generalization that they tend not to speak English as well as in northern or middle Europe. If you mean southern Germany compared to northern Germany there is ZERO difference. One could generalize that people in bigger cities tend to speak better English than in rural areas or small towns. For an IT job you will most likely find them in bigger rather than smaller communities anyway.

https://berlin.craigslist.de/d/housing/ … &cc=gb ?? 

Im not too sure how reliable Craigslist is in berlin.. other members can chime in on this..

Hi everyone!
I would like to know bout experiences of people who moved to Germany with the Job Seeker Visa and found a job withing the 6 months.

I intend to move in May with this Visa and I would like to know how the process goes after you find a job. And what are the requirements for the hiring company.

Thanks!

Practically is this is real truth . I lived in  Nordic countries for 6 years . Honestly if you don't know the language forget about coming over  here on Job seeking Visa . It's purely waste of money  and time . Language play major role if you don't know local language its one dreams of getting a job in 6 months . No point in repenting after 6 months spending lots of money and getting no job . Based on my experience it will be bad call if one choose this Visa , learn German language and come over here you will rule the roost .  still want to go then good luck  .