Clubs/Groups

We want to move to move to Northern Costa Blanca when we retire. Unsure of best place yet. We will be looking to rent first to check out if it's for us. We would like to go somewhere there is  lively groups or social clubs to join, or U3A possibly?

I've looked at this post a couple of times without being able to give a useful answer but, as nobody seems to be giving you a useless answer either, well, here I go.

I think British type groups are very much a matter of chance. I'm in inland Alicante on the border with Murcia. Here there's a branch of the British Legion  and whatever the organisation is called that is made up of ex Guides - Trefoil maybe. I have a pal down in Torrevieja who is in a very active classic car club. So, it seems to me, that it depends on the interests of those British immigrants who live in the area. If you have someone who's keen on rugby then you may get a rugby club, if they are into am dram then you may get a theatre group. The problem comes in maintaining those groups because there aren't enough of us to keep many groups going.

On the other hand there are enough Spaniards all over Spain to support all sort of social clubs and groups. So there are bands, choirs, chess clubs, bike clubs, gourmet clubs, ramblers groups etc., etc., in even the smallest of towns. All you have to do is find them and go along.