How to set up a charity?

Along with my girlfriend and our dog we are moving to Madagascar in july/august. Our main motivation to live here is volunteering for the local community.

In short term (first three months I guess) I want to make a research and adapt to that land. In long term I'd like to set up a charity focused on children education. I've read few topics here with precious informations but I still feel confused in case of how to get permanent stay visa. My first tought was: stay here on tourist visa as long as long it takes to officialy set up a charity and that (somehow) will allow me to be a permanent.

As you can see, there is a huge gap in my way of thinking. I've got a lack of information so I'll be really thankful for any tips about how to set up a charity here in Madagascar (could be even sources in french coz' I've started to learn that language few months ago).

Best,
Raphael

I suggest you join an NGO to gain experience  of setting up and working for a charity.  The NGO will also help with your work visa.

I have a school here for 4 years now and it runs and almost pays for itself. My wife and I receive no salary or any of form of income from the school. In fact we take from our other income to help the school stay afloat.
We are volunteers with  in our own organization of 130 students and 6 teachers.  Helping others get a education that they might not have otherwise has its own rewards,
Though monies would help to expand services for the school such as a food & health programs but getting donations is  difficult for small NGOs.     

I wish you success in your endeavors, as Madagascar has many areas for growth. However you will need patience and work within the timeline of the country which is slow and has its own customs and culture and beliefs that are embedded in their society for generations.  Raising the standard of living in Madagascar will take finding the common ground by looking at the big picture shared by  global cultures, and in this case , having a clear understanding of  our individual cultures as well.

Yep, I'll cooperate with one of many ngos on the island. I'm already after talks.
It looks like you and your wife are doin' that what I'd like to do :) Hope we will meet and exchange the views soon.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help. Guys... you are doin' such a good job!