Intercultural Marriage in Italy : my experience

Italians have a saying : Moglie  e buoi dei paesi tuoi - meaning get your cattle and your wife from your own land. - I have a very, very daunting, ugly experience with having married an Italian man, and not being accepted here, coerced and blackmailed by slanderous, fabricated lies by all in the most ugly,  humiliating way. I cannot get to the bottom of it because it is a part of how these people are culturally. There are no positive sides to speak of at all in the human relations, or lack of relations, as I am ostracised, cut off from all and blackmailed to death underhandedly as I am honest and do not get along with corrupt people, who are trying to do me in, in every way. I don't feel that Italian people really are ready to accept marriages between Italians and foreigners, and many here certainly do not want any foreigners in their country, except to bring tourism money and business investments. Maybe in a hundred years from now Italians might be at a point of where other Western multicultural societies are now, but I feel like my life in Rome the last 35 years I have been living in my grandmother's age, the early 1900's in the US, full of heavy racism, it's killing my soul and that of my family how I am being so badly mistreated in Italy.

Interesting... Are you still married to "your Italian husband"?
Janin

That is sad. I am seriously curious about a few specifics of how you are being mistreated and why you feel Italians are unaccepting of foreigners in general. Please share some more, it could help others in their intercultural interactions.