Dog barking

My neighbourhood has noisy dogs who bark early in the morning, disturbing my sleep and that of others too.

Is it possible to find a device in Saigon that keeps dogs away or trains them not to bark? I have seen such a device onsale online but it doesn't ship to VN (not allowed to post link due to expat.com moderation).

Thanks in advance.

You want to train other peoples dogs?
My tip would be to move, dog owners here have no respect for those who live around them.

flyingthroughtheclouds wrote:

My neighbourhood has noisy dogs who bark early in the morning, disturbing my sleep and that of others too.

Is it possible to find a device in Saigon that keeps dogs away or trains them not to bark? I have seen such a device onsale online but it doesn't ship to VN (not allowed to post link due to expat.com moderation).

Thanks in advance.

Do you live in Thao Dien?
I have the same problem.
:lol:

The problem, I can't see from where in the neighorhood ecactly the doggy bark comes.

Circle J wrote:

I'm in the United States, so I don't know what is available in Vietnam, but I recommend a white noise machine -- sounds like a fan.  I have a SleepMate and within reason, it blocks out dogs barking, police/fire sirens, garbage trucks, radios/televisions from apartment neighbors, etc..

When I lived in a condo the upstairs neighbor's two dogs barked all day while she was at work.  Once I bought the white noise machine, I couldn't hear the dogs. I sleep much better at night.   I lived near a hospital and never had a siren wake me up.  One of the best purchases I ever made.

Thank you.  :top:

But I think it is not strong enough for Vietnam, or you have to set it so loud that the white noise disturbs more that it helps.
Because the windows of many rented apartments here are so poorly insulated that it makes no difference whether the windows are open or closed.

The air conditioning in our apartment is fortunately good and works more or less like a SleepMate, simply not strong enough.
If you're unlucky, the air conditioning makes an extra noise (the same goes for fridges).