Real estate career and property management job market in Saigon

I'd like to get any feedback from expats currently working in the real estate industry.  What is the compensation structure compared to us as commission sales for realtors or agents?  Is it difficult for expats to enter this job industry and sector? Or any experience or knowledge would be helpful?

bangkokBEE wrote:

commission sales for realtors or agents?  Is it difficult for expats to enter this job industry and sector? Or any experience or knowledge would be helpful?

I am not an expat but I am working at real estate company. As far as I know about the commission sales for agents is ranking from 2-5% of Gross Price / apt

Rgds,
Ni

I admit to being somewhat dismissive of English speakers who are seeking jobs in areas like sales that obviously require interpersonal communication with Vietnamese speakers.  Somehow some of them seem to get interview offers even though I fail to see how they could possibly function in the way they propose. 

That said, your case could differ.  You say you speak both Vietnamese and English.  As such you may be uniquely positioned to do well selling overpriced (and hence higher commission) condos to Expats.  You still may be in competition with local bilingual people who will work for less than you consider acceptable, but you will have a good shot at success.