Work and Life

Hi,

I am currently in South Africa, desperately wanting to leave, new experiences. Is it difficult to find work, really nervous about that, if my family and I come here, worried that we won't get work? My daughter in law is a qualified dance teacher, ballet, hip hop etc, if she opened a studio, so you think it would work?

Thanks, Lee-Ann

Hi Lee Ann,
Regarding work in the area of teaching dance, it depends where you wanna live. If in Lisboa it may be fine. But in Alentejo, forget it. Same in Algarve.
Working permit for South African may not be easy to get;

Jean-Paul Burtin

Thanks,   Jean Paul. Wanting to leave South Africa, will keep trying...I am in Sales.. Take care

By the way, I love South Africa. Visited most of the country in the 80's and did business with locals. Would like to return but I heard the situation is not so good in terms of security. What's your opinion?
Thanks
JP

It is still a beautiful country,  some parts are getting quite bad, especially for the farmers.
You get crime everywhere, I suppose certain areas are worse. I would just love a change of scenery and new experiences, always lived in South Africa. Ad give my children a new experience.

Thank you so much. I'll investigate a bit further because I'd love to visit the Kruger again as well as the Cape, Bloemfontein, Durban, East London Port Elizbeth and the Drakensberg range.
Portugal is one of the safest countries in Europe. The good thing here is that many Portuguese speak English and French for some. Personally I prefer to improve my Portuguese learnt in Brazil years ago. The problem is the accent which is very different.
I completely understand your desire to move to another country.
Best luck
Take care
JP

Hi Lee,
I beilieve that could be a good ideia open a dancing studio, the people like dance, but don´t know.. like me, jejeje
Jobs are, the question is the salary...short
but here is a pacific country, welcome to Portugal

In Lisbon there are many different types of dance schools (and some very popular) and they organize pleasant events every week. But I do not know about Porto

Hi Lee-Ann
We are in the same boat - desperate to move, unsure of work at this stage, the move etc etc....! Would be keen to swap notes with you regarding moving your goods; animals; conditions for entering Portugal... whatever we can share :)

@Jean-Paul, I have a fair amount of experience in the tourism industry here and lots of info on Kruger Park, as I used to live in and around and guide guests there. I now live in the Cape. If you'd like to read my blog, I have useful info in there if you're planning a trip - and can give you any other advice you'd like. See: https://www.outandaboutinafrica.com/

Kind regards
Janine