ATLANTA AIRPORT (ATL) in transit.

Any one heading for Belize with overnight in Atlanta might find this useful.
            After exiting the International terminal turn right where yo will find the free shuttle to the domestic terminal.  most, if not all, hotel shuttles   operate from domestic.
On arrival,(it seems a long journey) cross the road to the shuttle bus area, which is zoned.
           useful if you know the zone for your hotel. CAUTION. some hotels are franchises and there are two with the same name in different areas.
          Next morning you are returned to domestic  .cross  toward   departures, turn left and walk(200 yds)  to the end of the building.  turn right where you will find taxi's and shared ride buses.
Immediately cross the road. the free international shuttle is in a reserved slip road , only a small sign.
        Make an effort to have your boarding card for the Belize flight , it can save two hours waiting at a busy time .
         After security establish the terminal for your flight . quicker to enquire at the service desk as the electronic flight board does not display in time order.
         Board the train, My Delta/Belize terminal was "E", the first stop.

I'm sure many will appreciate the useful information, having experienced Atlanta airport it can be a nightmare. Having lived on 3 different continents and 5 different countries one thing is for sure American airports are certainly the worst airports by far, staff are arrogant and the lack of facilities for travellers is beyond shocking

I agree to some extend
We try to avoid Atlanta Airport

Discovered on Sunday night that if your flight comes in late, at night, to DFW and you have an onward flight  pretty early in the morning. You may feel by the time you get to a motel, it will be almost time to  set off back so a waste of money. ( maybe just me)
if you leave the secure area after 10.30 you cannot get back inside the airport till 4am. Everything shuts at 10.30 some flights still arrive but seems no flights  must leave between those hours because TSA has closed down and without them on duty you can't get to a gate, all the amenities resturants, shops, and bars, close as well . BUt they do not clear the building of passengers waiting to connect. So no food or drinks available, you can only search  the gate areas untill you find that  bank of vending machines by gate 39, with snacks and cold drinks.
I had about  7 hours  and after allowing  1 and a half hours each way to get  a shuttle to a hotel, and needing a least an hour at the leaving gate in the morning I would just take a walk around and check out the other Terminals ( the are not interconnected) But a kind member of ground staff told me the situation otherwise I would have been camping outside the door. Even more amazing all TV monitors play all night and all lights and heating/cooling remain on, energy waste most be  tremendous.  It explains why that round about journey was the cheapest option. Lucky on the return I don't go near DFW.