Finance

If any one know if my uncle can deposit cash to my Citibank account at Hochiminh city Branch? Thanks

No, he cannot.

My brother-in-law in Ben Tre makes monthly deposits to our Citi VN account to repay a loan.  I believe what he does is  he goes to his bank, which in his case is Agribank, and makes a  wire transfer from there.  I believe in-country bank transfers are free and rather common in Vietnam.   That was how we paid our apartment rent.  I am assuming that your uncle is in Vietnam.  If so he might try that way.

Thank you that would help. Or i Will ask him to open an account with Citibank at Hochiminh city. So that I think the transfer fund should be free within same bank.

Could you tell why?

Do you know if there is any  limited amount for each wire transfer?

@ Ngan -- He cannot deposit money into your Citi US via Citi VN because Citi VN is not a branch of Citi US.  The transfer between the two accounts that are held by the same person is free, but I'm not certain it would be free when you don't have an account with Citi VN.  Your uncle will still be able to wire money to you, but with a fee certainly.

TGHIV has an account with Citi VN so his brother-in-law can wire transfer from Agri to Citi VN for a small fee (I don't think it's completely free.)

Last Nov, I transferred 1.5M from my account with Sacombank to a niece's account with Agri in Phu Quoc.  The following month, I deposited 1M in cash to her Agri from another Agri in Saigon.  Both times, it cost me somewhere between VND 150K - 200K.

Thank you very much!