Budget itinerary for barranquilla

I'm still in the process of researching about Barranquilla. So far, what i know about it is that it's a city in northern Colombia. It's also near the Carribean sea (which I'm so looking forward to), and it's known as Colombia's “Golden Gate” for reasons I have yet to find out. I'm not really good at anything that is related with “travel-planning” but my best buds and I have recently signed up for an international social dating event happening in few months, which we're really excited about. We'll be finding some awesome ladies and tour around the tropical country of Costa Rica! But with all the intensively info I have to go through is giving me a headache, LOL. Can someone let me know an ideal budget and sightseeing itinerary for Barranquilla? Thanks so much!

Dear Tristan,

I'd want to know ASAP what language will be spoken by the vaqueritas at the international dating event.

If they all speak fluent English --  :cool: -- then, no 'problemo'.

If you will need to speak to most of them in Spanish, you might want to use as much of your pre-trip time as you can to improve your español.

The rest, as they say, is small stuff.

---

If you post again, please clarify whether the 'event' will be in Barranquilla .. or somewhere in Costa Rica.

As for an "ideal budget" for sightseeing and all in Barranquilla, there are so many unknowns it might be hard to say.

The more Spanish at least one of you parceros can speak, the better chance you have to keep the budget in line while creating a memorable trip.

cccmedia