International Women's Day 3/8/2017

WEEK OF THE MALAGASY WOMAN : As part of the national celebration of the week of the Malagasy woman, a ceremony in honor of Women Teachers is held this Monday, March 5 at the INFP Mahamasina. On March 8, a carnival and a concert titled "Andriambavilanitry ny kanto"

How are private houses in Madagascar respecting Women's Day?

In my house the maid, (femme de chamber) and my 4 women teachers and my Secretary have the day free, no work with pay to reflect on the role in women in society today and in the past and into the future. To  educate their children through actions which strengthen the importance of women in society .

My one man teacher is still teaching grade 5 today.

On March 8, International Women's Day, four new Digital Houses for women have been installed in the 1st, 2nd and 6th districts of Antananarivo, as well as in Ambatomirahavavy. With these inaugurations, the 6 districts of Antananarivo are now each equipped with a Digital House.

The infrastructures will enable hundreds of women to benefit from an innovative and free mode of learning. This will have a positive and lasting impact on their families. This is a chance for these women to build and develop their home economics: literacy, basic business management, office automation, or software practice. So much knowledge applied to the craft industry, the small trade, even the micro entrepreneurship.

http://www.orange.mg/actualite/inaugura … -centaines

Since 2015, 13 digital houses have been set up with more than 600 women beneficiaries. The Digitals inaugurated yesterday and today are the 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th. In the coming months, 3 new digital houses will be set up.