Nepali citizenship by naturalisation

I Am a foreigner woman living in india.
I want to marry a Nepali in Nepal.
Can someone pl guide me on following aspects:

1. Can Nepali citizenship be applied immediately after marriage? Or there is a waiting time before I can apply?
2. Is it okay if my maiden name and surname is not changed on the Nepali passport?
3. God forbid, if after divorce, does Nepali citizenship continue?
4. Can I take my previous citizenship and passport again in future?
5. If I want to visit other countries, will i be allowed to exit from india on visit visa of other country? I have heard of Nepali girls getting offloaded at airport.
6. My future kid will have Nepali passport. In future can the kid get passport of my original country?

Don't worry ......I can help you.

@sushil shahi

Could you please post any information you have that would assist the OP here on the forum. This may be of assistance to others.

What do you want ?? ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

@sushil

It is unsafe to post any contact details on the open forum. Please use the PM system for this.

You need to look at the Nepal Immigration website, but just because you get married doesn't mean you have citizenship. You may not work, own property or even inherit property. After the husband dies, you have 5 years to give up your own citizenship or go back. I'm not sure about the baby's citizenship, but Nepal doesn't allow duel citizenship.

Another thing, you can be here as long as your husband/wife goes with you to renew your visa. If they don't go, and a lot of people feel extorted at that time. Make sure your husband really loves you and that you can trust him.

You really need to contact the Immigration directly. Also, don't expect them to answer an email. You'll be waiting a long time.

2. Is it okay if my maiden name and surname is not changed on the Nepali passport?
You'll get a 'nonresident visa' when you get married. This sticker just goes into your passport, so you don't need to change your name. That would be done in your country.
3. God forbid, if after divorce, does Nepali citizenship continue? Whether divorce or death, you have 5 years to formalize your citizenship or go back or get another kind.
4. Can I take my previous citizenship and passport again in future? It all reverts back anytime your husband doesn't go with you to renew it.
5. If I want to visit other countries, will i be allowed to exit from india on visit visa of other country? I have heard of Nepali girls getting offloaded at airport.
You won't be a Nepali so you'll have rights from both countries, to a certain extent. You won't have to pay to get into UNESCO sites, but that's the biggest perk.
6. My future kid will have Nepali passport. In future can the kid get passport of my original country?
If you have a child that's born in Nepal he/she will be a citizen when he/she turns 16. You could possibly get a family visa if you have a child born here. Please verify this with the Immigration dept. This is just by my experience.