Intercultural relationships in Morocco

Hello,

We invite you to share some fun anecdotes and information regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in Morocco. This will provide some insight to current and future expats regarding relationship norms in mixed relationships and marriages in Morocco.

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Morocco?

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi there thought id share my experience of marrying a Moroccan national, i myself a british Bangladeshi, born in the uk i would like to say i am proud to be a british and i also acknowledge my heritage, i got married in late 2015 I'll be blunt and say the indo-pak culture doesn't always gel with the Moroccan culture so one must be open minded..well both couple must be openminded before pursuing marriage as it could lead to a divorce.

Praise to allah i am still married but my wife can't seem to accept the asian culture especially with my mother coming from a strict asian culture one thing those that are from a non asian background need to know is with our culture  usually the mother in law tends to rule the house and the daughter in laws are to cook and clean not all are like that but typically that is the case, so my advice is those men that are marrying a Moroccan and come from asia need to think of there own accommodations before bringing over their spouses as it could lead to many problems and im talking from my own experience trust me you do not want that headache.

Regards to the benefits os inter racial marriage its fun and you learn alot not much i can say but its a great feeling.

Inter racial marriages are commonly accepted in Morocco, but they also have a strong culture so like i said before both couples need to accept both cultures before they want to marry one another.

Hello brother

Thanks for sharing your experience

You made some good points. It's very sad that the Asian culture is to treat women like slaves , just for cooking cleaning and abusing. A lot of the mother in laws think this is part of Islam too. For you are any one in a similar position you have to be firm with your family and protect your wives from this Asian culture. Like you said it could end up in divorce or just let living a miserable life together

My advice for all husbands is; if you eat then do your share of cooking, washing pots and shopping for food.

If you wear clothes then do your share of washing them, ironing them and putting them away

If you have kids the do your share of looking after them, educating them and being a parent

If my advice seems strange or even offensive then my advice is to not get married and stay with your mother

Anyway well done brother, you have obviously taken a big step away from culture by marrying a Moroccan. I'm sure you will have many benefits from doing so.

Thank you, just to be clear I don't want to tarnish all asians with the same brush, their are some out there that are open minded but in general two queens can never share a palace, so my advice to the asian men its best to move out, we are all like little birds and soon we have to leave our nest. One thing to note i see alot of double standards with the asian women, they hate living with thier own inlaws and expect their brothers wife to live with family! Doesn't make sense.

In regards to cooking and cleaning i tend to clean and my wife cooks only because she scared il cut the vegetables to short or long lol so she takes control of the cooking, clothes she washes most the time maybe because im at work more than half the time, in general these things should be shared but we have some backwards minded people in our society who actually take the piss out of the husband when he helps out with the chores.

Shykco wrote:

Thank you, just to be clear I don't want to tarnish all asians with the same brush, their are some out there that are open minded but in general two queens can never share a palace, so my advice to the asian men its best to move out, we are all like little birds and soon we have to leave our nest. One thing to note i see alot of double standards with the asian women, they hate living with thier own inlaws and expect their brothers wife to live with family! Doesn't make sense.

In regards to cooking and cleaning i tend to clean and my wife cooks only because she scared il cut the vegetables to short or long lol so she takes control of the cooking, clothes she washes most the time maybe because im at work more than half the time, in general these things should be shared but we have some backwards minded people in our society who actually take the piss out of the husband when he helps out with the chores.

Yes true brother, I didn't mean to generalise. And good point about getting their own nest when getting married. I feel sorry for all them women having to live with the mother in laws. No matter how nice they are it's always going to be an unhealthy environment. Just ignore the backward minded people , they are still wet behind the ears

Yes I have.

I am not allowed to bring Moroccan women to my house.

I  have been to to Morocco many many time still want to go more. Morocco is a beautiful country with great culture, it has lot of potential country is one the peaceful with awesome hospitality, My dream is to find some one sweet kind and Allah fearing to settle down in Morocco for ever, Insha Allah Allah.

Hello I love morroco I was in Marrakech to visit my boyfriend a year ago on this date....and he was to come to Canada to be with me ...anyways I just found out that he has a girlfriend in Marrakech:(...im such a fool ...not sure what to say about intercultural  relationships ....just never trust anyone because he sure had me fooled  .....beautiful country bad  choice of men.

Hello Alisa, I am sorry what happened to you, and i agree with you there are many bad people around there and even around the globe, but you have to make sure to find the right person to communicate and share your personal story.
hope you find better than him
:(

" .....beautiful country bad choice of men " .

that's completely wrong, you just judge others by what your ex boyfriend done...

I have been very lucky. The man in my life, yes he is Moroccan , has never given me reason to mistrust him or his intentions. He has a white heart and that is hard to find these days. Yes he is a true follower of Islam and that in itself makes him honorable.  I know you will find the man of your dreams. Just take it slow and carefully.

I'm sorry but I'm hurting  xo

Why are you hurt Alissa?

@brahim read what alias has posted above. Sorry alisa for what happened to you, what he has done has abused your trust and if he has any concience should never to do that to any other woman. May you find someone who loves and respects you and you will be happy. Unfortunately there are many Moroccan men who are using women for green cards, and it's not until the woman has fallen completely for the man responsible and then suffers tremendously for his actions. Be very cautious in your next choice of man. I advise all women who are in relationships with Moroccan men to read the blog from Daniel pipes

Alisa apologies Touchfone

Thank you xo.

I'm hurt because I gave my heart to a morrocen man and he broke it.

Hello Alis how are you doing? I wanted to know about your B/F in Morocco any update? also please e-mail me a***, i am your neighbor I live in the USA, i been to your state many time have best friend name Robert lives in Newfoundland.

hope to talk to you soon.

Ali

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Alisa

I am sorry you had a bad experience. However, I don't think this is an "inter-cultural" issue as this could have happened to you in Canada as well. As a guy I know we do stupid things sometimes for whatever reason. I'd say it looks like this guy did not deserve you and it's his loss! I hope that someday you meet "the one" guy who is your soul mate and look back on this as a learning experience with a smile :)

HI I'm doing my better thank YOU .it's over with him ...he has the girlfriend and how many more I will never no ....im from cape Breton nova Scotia.

I talk to many ladies who go to Morocco to sleep with Moroccan boyfriend for a week but these boyfriends have a different girl every week visit them.  Why are ladies so stupid.

Both are too stupid actually.. when it comes to illegal sex.

I guess I'm stupid.....got hurt big time ...but sure fell in love with Morocco.

Dear Alisa,

I am sorry you had to go through that, but people should be careful with long-distance relationships.

I hope you make better choices next time.

Good luck.

I'm good thank you...lesson learned.....hope others don't  make the same mistake as I did. I hope to be able to trust again....