Intercultural relationships in Mexico

:o Sadly, Johnny has made it quite clear that he hopped from being an 'English teacher' in Thailand to being one in Mexico.    There he has found it much easier to communicate with local women since Spanish is not as hard for him to master as Thai was.    However his 'communication' with women seems only to have one thing in mind as his goal.    And it is not to build any sort of real relationship.

I met my husband while visiting mexico city when I was 15. He invited to take me around the city, he was born and raised there,and we had a great time. He moved to the states with me,got married a year later. We finished college,raised 4 girls. Bottom line. People are people no matter where they're from. Yes each country is a little different but that's the fun. Our girls embrace both cultures as well as their spouses. We mark 46 years of marriage this year and divide our time between texas and Queretaro mexico and San Miguel de allende mexico where we own homes. If you have to compare then maybe living not in your native country is not for you.

Hello, I would have written already earlier, but was not aware of this fascinating subject. I am German and had just come to the US for a government supported program, when I fall in love with my Mexican husband from Mexico City. I came from Berlin and it all happened in SF. We got married, our son followed 2 years later and we both worked. Mostly German cooking, a few Mexican dishes when my husband cooked and otherwise American food. My parents were elated about our relationship, his parents as well. We both spoke mainly English, son took German in Highschool. We retired 2013 to Ajijic. Unfortunately his death in 2015 ended our 34 years of marriage. No, such a mixed relationship is not easy. Mexican temper needed to soften during life in the States the same way my German directness became more diplomatic and tender. Looking back it was a big adventure, worth every single second of my life.