Intercultural relationships in Ghana

Hello,

We invite you to share some fun anecdotes and information regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in Ghana. This will provide some insight to current and future expats regarding relationship norms in mixed relationships and marriages in Ghana.

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Ghana?

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Married a Ghanaian lady 2 years ago best thing ever did. Experiencing Both Cultures. ..

I've known my Ghanaian husband for nearly 30 years and we have lived together in Ghana for 8 years.
I know many couples in Ghana where the husband or wife is from a different culture. The ones that survive are the genuine relationships where both people are contributing to the relationship financially and emotionally. Those that are short-lived tend to be the ones where one person is in the relationship for financial gain only and unfortunately that can be quite common.