Foreign Vehicle temporarily in Ethiopia

My wife and I are driving around the world; started in Singapore, now in Tanzania. We want to enter Ethiopia near Lake Turkana, Omorate in July this year and store our vehicle in Addis while we return to Australia for a while. We will return and drive on to Sudan exiting in March 2019; that would be 8 months for the vehicle to be in Ethiopia. It will have a carnet but I believe that is not recognized in Ethiopia.   There are many overlanders who do this drive through the country during their 90 day visa period but not leave their vehicle for 8 months. Can anyone advise what the issues may be for an eight month vehicle stay?

All suggestions are very much appreciated - thank you
Roadee

Hi, u have to be very careful that all you papers are in order and properly stamped by the tax authorities. I have just now a case where a vehicle with German number plate coningfrom Kenya was parked in Ethiopia for more than 1 year without appropriate paper work. At the exit to Sudan customs  asked for 25'000 USD tax. No joke! It might be easier to leave the car in Kenya. You may always contact me under ***
Cheers, Nik

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Thanks Nik. I have replied to you at:
gm....