Can i visit oman without Noc on visit visa. I am currently on UAE visa

Hi everyone,

I am currently employed in UAE. I was previously working in Oman and left my job six month back. my previous employer has not provided me NOC. Can i visit Oman in visit visa as my UAE company wants me to visit Oman on visit visa. As my company wants me to stay in muscat for the period of three month on visit visa. Pls help

Hi Shettyboy,

The rule states that without the last employer's NOC, entry into Oman would not be possible on ANY VISA, for a period of 2-years from the date of departure / cancellation of the last held employment visa.

Thank you sir

Hi Shettyboy
If your profession is on the approved list then you can very well get a visit visa to Oman, provided that you are applying as a GGC resident. You can visit the ROP website to apply for a GCC resident visit visa. This will have a validity of 28 days.

A friend of mine has had the similar situation a few weeks ago. Although the rule strictly says that without the NOC, no entry is possible even though a visit visa, yet my friend had travelled Oman from Dubai on a visit visa without holding NOC. It is also to be noted that he works for a very well-reputed company in UAE. So I don't know if that was the factor or what, but that was something that had surprised him too.

So typically, considering this case, anything could be possible or vice versa  :)

schaz wrote:

A friend of mine has had the similar situation a few weeks ago. Although the rule strictly says that without the NOC, no entry is possible even though a visit visa, yet my friend had travelled Oman from Dubai on a visit visa without holding NOC. It is also to be noted that he works for a very well-reputed company in UAE. So I don't know if that was the factor or what, but that was something that had surprised him too.

So typically, considering this case, anything could be possible or vice versa  :)

... and this exactly is what makes Oman such a puzzle ... what is the rule today, is not the rule tomorrow. And no one can tell you why. Nothing is for certain. Rules keep changing at the drop of the hat. Nothing is carved in stone. But are rather written on water. That is why one must always find out directly from the authorities what is the latest update on any issue, right at the moment of contact.

Sir i went on vacation from oman on july 2014 but didnot return back . Can i come back to oman on new employment visa