EP approval chances of newly-registered company?

Hi all,

I'm a fresh grad Indonesian, with Bachelor degree in one of big eight universities in Australia. I've recently signed a contract with a new company in SG with $3.6k salary. My concern is, because the company is relatively new (less than a year) and this is their first time ever of them to apply for an EP, will that lower my chances of getting the EP? Also, what would be the normal processing times and the main factor of approval/rejection by MoM?

My major is very specific: UX Design and the position I'm offered with is UX Designer.

All answers would be appreciated. Many thanks!

We have plenty of discussion on EP processing time, criteria and chances etc in this forum. I would suggest to go through those discussions, you will get answers for all your queries.

Fresher from a foreign country is not that easy to get an EP, as MoM will ask the employer for the reason to hire a foreigner and will ask proof that the employer tried locally and was unable to get local talents. These days it's not that easy to get an EP and for a fresher who studied in foreign countries is certainly more difficult but you never know if luck at your side. Good luck

Hi surya2k, many thanks for the answer! I have looked up to some of the answers.

Actually, I have been working full-time for >2 years before accepted in this company as a contractor overseas. With that being said, will this affect the MoM consideration as well?

You mean to say you have 2yrs of working experience with another employer? Did your present employer shows that you have 2yrs of experience in the application? If yes, then your salary is at lower end. The minimum salary for fresher is $3,600 (eligibility to consider an EP), salary range will go higher as you have experience for consideration at MoM. If the employer has mentioned both EP and S pass while submitting the application online then MoM will consider for S pass. Good luck