Buying a car in uk

Cars are a lot cheaper in uk is it a good idea to bring one back next time I go back there I haved lived in Fuengirola for the last 11 years as I am thinking of changing my car any help would be great help

Welcome :)

Have a read of this thread > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=734967

Cars are a lot cheaper to start with in the UK but there are lots of costs in getting them re-registered in Spain. It used to be true that if you had owned the car for fewer than six months in the UK then the costs were even higher.

Given that the Spanish can be a bit awkward about the process I would have thought that it was probably better, on balance, to buy in Spain. In the end what it comes down to is doing your sums and working out whether a cheaper car at source ends up being cheaper by the time it's on the road in Spain.

Thank you maybe I will give it a miss

Charles Edwards wrote:

Thank you maybe I will give it a miss

Then you have to think about reselling it in Spain, not easy if it's a right-hand drive car. More hassle that ist worth.

What about buying a l/h drive car in the uk then getting in changed to spanish plates? im moving out in April and am considering this as in spain i cant find leasehire or a reasonable long term hire deal??
any thoughts?
cheers