Moving to Malaysia

Hi,

Can anyone please give us advice before we move back to Malaysia.
1. I'm a Malaysian and my husband is new Zealand citizen. We are planning to sell our assets in nz and move to Malaysia. If my husband buy one way ticket, will immigration allows him enter. We will apply spouse visa for him once we are in Malaysia.
2. How long will the spouse visa take to process.
3. Once he obtain the spouse visa, is he eligible to work legally in Malaysia. Or can he join uber just to pass time and support on daily expenses.

Are there any advices you can give before we move back? Your advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Kind regards,
Grace

Suggest you join the FB Group - Foreign Spouses Support Group as they have all the uptodate information and developments and lots of guides are available from their "Notes" section

facebook.com/FSSGMY/

This guide is particularly useful as it deals with application and permission to work

facebook.com/notes/foreign-spouses-support-group-malaysia/application-for-spouse-visa-renewal-and-permission-to-work/890918687757770/

For Uber he would need to check directly with them regarding DL required and whether they enrol non-Malaysians https://www.uber.com/en-MY/drive/resources/documents/

As the LTSVP has to be endorsed to work and usually it is based on a job offer, there can be some delay in finding and starting work. I think working Freelance is not possible for foreigners, even on a LTSVP. I do think you are able to set up a Sole Proprietor company and perhaps employ him - but this would need some more investigation.