Wifi and Internet connections for working.

Really interested in relocating to PR for a while to see if it could possibly be our future home.

We both work 100% online with a need for a  constant internet connection.

Has the infrastructure of the island got to the point where there is at least decent internet in the cities?

Where I live, I use have reliable internet through Liberty Cable.  I know several folks whose businesses are internet-based. Some have multiple service providers, just in case the main one fails.

Here's a link to a recent blog on this very topic from one of the forum members.

I don't know where you would plan to live but I have a recommendation for an internet provider: Aeronet http://aeronetpr.com/
They mainly work with business customers but also do installations in private homes.
The site is in English, they answer emails fast, they pick up the phone and talk to you. This may sound normal to you but in PR that's not the standard..

Some of my clients use Aeronet and they're very happy with it. One client has an office in Hato Rey (San Juan financial district)  with 40 work stations that need a steady fast connection with the main office in the USA. It  works just great.

I got the service installed in my neck in the woods (I'm in a rural area in the mountains all the way south in the Juncos area)  in January and it has been working really good. One time I had a problem, a call to technical service (all in English) solved the problem.

Most of their customers connect wirelessly via microwave. You need a direct line of sight to the next tower where Aeronet has an antenna. In (some) cities they have their own fiber network. Get in touch to find out if they have coverage where you are planning to live.

Their site is not up to date with prices. I pay $69/month for (up to) 15 Mb down and 2 Mb up.  Most of the time I get those speeds, sometimes it's a little less (like 12, 13 Mb down.)

As a backup I have an AT&T hot spot but the speed of that one is not always as good as it should be. I'm thinking of scaling that plan down from unlimited now we have electricity again.