Born In German Occupied Krasna Lipa

My father was captured by the Germans in Stalingrad and that was how I ended being born in Sudetenland. We then moved on to Belgium after the war and finally came to Canada decades ago. More recently I visited Prague and Krasna Lipa  for the first time.  I've even backpacked around the world, alone, as a spiritual pilgrimage. It was unbelievable. A few years back I shook hands with the Dalai Lama as he was opening up a monument to Human Rights in Ottawa; I later was invited by his consul to visit Dharmsala in India. A year later it so happened that I flew to Hong Kong and Shanghai, then took a train up to Lhasa, Tibet from Chengdu in Sichuan. Pushing on through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand into Myanmar Maoist officials would not allow me to walk across a little bridge into India from what once was British Burma. Their security had me return to their capital, Yangon, in order to fly out to Bangkok from where I continued to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore from where I could fly to Chennai in India -- all this because of an adhoc Burmese military tribunal where I was treated as a spy. In India I spent a week at the Sai Baba's in Puttaparthi; then headed to Mumbai, Shirdi, Vrindivan to Delhi and of course I then ended in an unplanned position to visit Dharmsala.
It is 3 a.m. at a desolate train station; I board an old bus; every seat taken by a Buddhist monk. Heads shaven, wearing reddish robes, the majority of the Tibetan monks looked half my age or less; not one had an inkling to give me an inch of their seat. I stood in the aisle for the next 6 hours as the bus moved about the Himalayas to its ultimate destination: the Tibetan monastery. Arriving, the monks paying no attention to my presence, shuffled off through narrow streets to their Dharmsala monastery. By the way, since there had been no toilet aboard the bus. upon our arrival I searched for a WC, an English heirloom toilet left behind from the days of their Colonial Rule. All the WC's were locked. Seeing there had been a record cold in Chinese Tibet and northern India, the pipes froze and cracked; the toilets which use running water had to be shut. I secretly broke into one and so decided to leave Dharmsala that very day, as soon as I first took some photos to prove I was there.