Lost my Entry card is it a big deal?

I lost my entry card what will happen?

Shouldn't be a problem if you're going through an airport:  you have a stamp in your passport, your entry is recorded in the computer system, and the record will be closed when you exit.  If you happen to exit through a land border, just make sure to get your passport stamped.

Gringo 123

The entry card has not been required for quite some time.if you are permanent However some of the agents were still asking for it. They have recently stopped using it for tourist. The airlines no longer give you one on the plane. Just present your documents, don't mention the card and you should be fine. If you question whether it is needed some of the agents will try to be important and make a big deal of it. but it is longer required.

Jim

yep, I lost mine too and it wasn't a problem

They care about the exit card a little bit, they don't even bother to give out the entry one on the plane....

I just hope they also stamped your passport. I had an experience although it was regarding an exit card and stamp - where they did not stamp my passport upon exit. I also lost the exit card and upon entering back to Brazil, a woman PF gave a big deal out of it and wanted to fine me. Her superior intervened, a man, and ordered to let me go.

Permanent residents with RNE and tourists alike should be aware that it´s easy to lose the card. They should staple that to their passports.

robal

The last time I filled out an entry-exit card was 1n 2014. I was told by an actual Federal Policeman, not a contract worker that permanent residents don't need it. and now they are not even giving it to you on the incoming flights. I have heard it is being eliminated even for tourist.

Jim

Reports on this vary along the scale from "Not Very Important" to "Doesn't Matter at All".  One report we never see, though, is that lacking the card on exit created a big problem.  So, I wouldn't worry.
Unlike Jim, the airline (American, in my case) has given me the card every time, most recently in November 2017, and the PF have always treated it as normal, even last time, when I arrived on a VIPER.  We're going to visit family in the US in July, and I'll "forget" to give them the card unless asked, and see whether my experience tracks Jim's.  I'll have it tucked away, of course, just in case. ;-)

Such irregularities... I had to fill that card last April of 2017. I´m going back to the US next month so I should be able to update things up. Outbound/inbound Guarulhos
Int´l, São Paulo...

robal

One reason that woman PF made a big deal out of a lost entry/exit card and without the exit stamp on the passport is because of the determination of how long I stayed out of Brazil.

I had an RNE and you´re only allowed to stay out for 2 years...

robal

January of 2018 was the last time I traveled when the airline stopped passing out the cards.

Jim