Car engines design for uk or europe market would cope in mauritius

afternoon all. car engines for uk or europe  are the same or cope in mauritius as the climate differs. thanks

I have a Nissan Qashqai imported from the U.K, i haven't had any issues with it.

But just be careful that the model you get has spare parts available in Mauritius. That can be a possible issue.

Hope it will ok for a Peugeot if Nissan quashkai is coping in Mauritius climate

Many cars have been imported from Europe - more specifically after radioactivity suspicions were on Japanese vehicles (and then banned for some time). Most cars are doing fine with regards to engine... however, Mauritians are still a bit sceptic on the effect of ice (salt) treatment  of roads, that affect the lower body in tropical climate. I don't know much about it but been warned several times to check underneath while buying an Europe origin car

Thanks nadeen the car will be a new one hope the engine would cope with the heat in Mauritius hence my question. Regards

Hi. Are you a returning Mauritian citizen or a non-citizen. The reason I ask is that a returning Mauritian would pay 15% import duty + 15% VAT on bringing a car into Mauritius but a non-citizen could pay up to 100% duty depending on the engine size (again +15% VAT). I know that was not your question but could be a nasty shock if you were unaware. Also if you are a returning Mauritian you can buy a new car in Mauritius and get the same discount.

Hi, with all the summer heatwaves in Europe at times hotter than in MU, not much was in the news about cars breaking down due to the heat. However, do check on the models which are available in Mauritius so you don't get caught out by unavailalbility of spare parts.

Issue won't be the engine. It will be the spare parts. A Toyota Yaris imported from UK and Toyota Yaris (local or imported from Japan (called Vitz there)) may not necessarily have compatible spare parts.

For example, I know of one concrete example with brake pads.