Resignation - notice period/ insurance covarage

Dear all,

i will be resigning from a company i have worked for since Jan 2014 as a white collar worker.
In my contract the notice period paragraph states it is "as per the applicable legislation". I have done some research on the internet and it looks like i should have a 7 week notice period starting from the first day of the month after i hand in my resignation letter.
However as this piece of wisdom is purely google-based i would like to confirm this with anyone who maybe has some real knowledge in this area - will be grateful for your help!

Also as i will be planning to take 2 weeks between my 2 jobs (contract to 1June, new contract from 18th June) - can anyone advise if my health insurance will cover this period or do I need to get something extra?

Thank you in advance!

Notice period => The best is to consult your company's HR. Most of the companies here relieve their employees in a month (notice).

Insurance => If your current employer had subscribed you to a Belgian mutuality, most likely they paid the premium for this whole year (which means you will be covered during the gap b/w jobs). You can confirm this by contacting your insurance (mutuality).