Your Experience With RE Agents in Merida

Can anyone tell me about a RE Agent you worked with, were happy with, and helped you to buy a home in Merida?  The price ranges for similar homes in similar areas appear to have very different prices.  That's true anywhere, but a good agent can really be helpful when it comes to sorting it out.  Thanks in advance.

I will check with my friend who lived there 20 years.

So, 4 the love of sun

My friend got back to me on his connections. He recommends  Asesor Inmobliario, Karla Vallejo Coronado.  The company is MAYAKIN. she has a web page with pictures and a Face Book page. She does not speak English , but her husband does.

travellight wrote:

So, 4 the love of sun

My friend got back to me on his connections. He recommends  Asesor Inmobliario, Karla Vallejo Coronado.  The company is MAYAKIN. she has a web page with pictures and a Face Book page. She does not speak English , but her husband does.

You're an angel  :gloria Thank you so much for going out of your way to get the information!  I found a Century21 office and wondered if they have to meet a higher set of standards to keep their franchise?  I would think they would, but who knows??  I didn't research their franchise requirements.

I know the sales contract must be in Spanish, and an attorney must be involved.  Considering I don't speak the language well, and reading a contract would be next to impossible, I considered hiring a translator who would notarize it's authenticity.  Just another thought to make sure I fully understand everything I'm signing.  Buying a home is a lot of money; a few hundred bucks to give me a little security and peace of mind is a drop in the bucket.  I need to decide BEFORE I get on the plane how to ensure everything is legal and can be enforced in court (I pray that will NEVER be needed).  I feel like I'm at an auction; decide what I will bid and stop when I reach that price :)

When I was in the U.S. there were a couple of real estate companies  I avoided at all costs , one was REMAX , don't remember the name of the other.
Century was one I felt so-so about. 
Before I bought my first house there I took a real estate course,  but skipped the getting a license bit, because it was about learning the game, and knowing the language not doing that job.
In Mexico there a a number of new pieces added to that game.
Buena suerte

travellight wrote:

When I was in the U.S. there were a couple of real estate companies  I avoided at all costs , one was REMAX , don't remember the name of the other.
Century was one I felt so-so about. 
Before I bought my first house there I took a real estate course,  but skipped the getting a license bit, because it was about learning the game, and knowing the language not doing that job.
In Mexico there a a number of new pieces added to that game.
Buena suerte

I did see a REMAX in Merida -- I spent about 2 seconds on their page :)  Also saw Sotherby's; REMAX wants to be Sotherby's hehehehe.  In my mom's youth, and my husband's youth they were both agents; my husband got his brokers license.  It expired many years ago.  None of the knowledge I gained from their experiences will help me one bit if I can't read the darned contract!  Wish they had a form of international road signs for contracts, hehehe.

I'm not sure what transcribers who legally notarize their transcription charge in Mexico, but I'm reasonably certain I will have the contract transcribed.  If I don't I will be signing a blank check.  I am considering some of the newer housing developments.  Buying something that isn't finished is a really risky proposition; the contract will be very important.  No home is without problems, even new ones, but at least I won't be faced with constant ongoing maintenance; glitches, of course.  That is to be expected.

I work with most all agents in Merida, pm if you would like a recommendation