Transfer visa

Hello expats,
My name is Haider and I am from gujarat India
Working in oman since 2001, I merried with Indonesian national here in oman as per oman laws.
My wife also working here in oman and now this 10th of March she is going to end her contract and her boss also agree to give her NOC to transfer her visa to family visa
For that her boss is asking her to exit from oman and come back to family visa but to get family visa need time for procedure
So my question is .. it is possible that my wife come back from airport to airport like exit oman to use airport and come back to oman with next flight and get the on-arrive visa first then we process to get the family visa and transfer inside oman or she must have to enter dubai and stay untill get visa and then she come back to oman !??
Please advice me

Hi Haiderxp,

Visa-on-arrival is a facility which is extended to select countries only. Most under-developed / developing /emerging countries do not find mention on this august list. So leaving on one flight and returning on another immediately is unlikely in your case.

It would be advisable for you to check what can be / should be done with your company PRO. For finally it would be your PRO who would have to apply for and get your wife's dependent visa processed. So better for you to have him in the loop from the very beginning.

Thank you so much sir for your kind reply, yes I checked the countries name in the list and luckily Indonesia country is in the list. so the issues of arriving of my wife back to oman is no problem anymore but I just I wanted to make sure that to transit from oman to Dubai and back from Dubai to oman, it is neccesorry to have dubai tourist visa in hand?? Because someone told me that your wife should have dubai tourist visa cost me 50 riyal !!
Thank you so much.

Hi Haiderxp,

A valid entry visa is imperative to enter any country. Without a valid entry visa for whichever country your wife is planning to fly out, your wife would not even be allowed to board that flight otherwise.