Working visa for Israelis

Hello,

I belong to the group of countries (Israel) that has a some sort of "privilege"

Several questions:
1. Regarding working holiday visa, if I fill an application from my home country, do I have to provide plane tickets? (I heard that it's not a must and I hope it's not a rumour)
2. Is it "realistic" to apply for serious positions in Germany from my home country, while having a working holiday visa, and than changing the visa to a regular working visa once I get the job offer and arrive to Germany? Or do companies usually require a regular working visa before they can consider me?

Thank you

I have some experience with WHV, but not for an Israeli - so please check with the embassy if the same applies for you, too:
The WHV is not a regular work visa and not applicable for normal, full-time work. In fact you are only allowed to earn up to EUR450/month (this equates to about 12 hours work per week at the minimum hourly wage, or less if you're better paid). You can also stay with any one employer for only three months or less.
I think that, under these circumstances, you will not find any "serious" job that can be converted to full-time on a regular work permit.
But if you do find one, you can apply for a regular work permit. Please clarify with the embassy if this can be done only in your home country or also at the local Auslaenderbehoerde near the employer.

Thank you very much!