Application for the next visa for Romania

Good Day Everyone

I've been to Romania (Absolutely Loved It!) on a short stay visa recently, but soon I would need to apply for another as I wish to go back in August this year to attend a special occasion of a very close friend.  From what I've read on an old thread here and on consulate websites, I cannot apply within 6 months of the old visa expiring.  My previous visa expires on 19 March, but unfortunately for work related reasons I had to leave Romania 42 days before the expiry. (I left on 6 Feb.) Would I be able to apply for another visa valid from say 6 Aug or do I need to wait till mid September for the 6 month gap? Does the fact that I left the country earlier allow me to apply that much earlier for the next visa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there. Ive been through this process so many times I can recite it in my sleep.

To explain it as simple as possible. You can only be in the country for 90 days out of 180. But what does that mean?

For argument sake.. if you arrive on 1 January and leave 30 march then you spent 90 days. Which means now another 90 days must pass and your next entry date can be end of June more or less. (Youll need to count exact calendar days)

But if you entered 1 January and left 30 days earlier (or 42 as in your case) then it doesnt matter. Your first entry date remains 1 Jan and you forfeit the rest. This is only the case if you insist to get another full 90 days visa.

However, if you want to go sooner, they will only grant you the remaining days that you didnt spend in romania. Which means if 180 days since 1 January didnt expire yet, you'll get what is left of the days until end of June.

Ill calculate it for you if you need more help, send me an email!