Snow removal and salt

I was wondering how this is going with folks in various parts of Romania?

The last 3 days over 11 km of road between myself and the city, has seen but a plough with no salt twice

The result is absolute chaos! All he did was create a skating rink by flattening it. There are over 10 tight bends, some of which incline considerably. Ghastly frankly.

Complained to the judetean, got a number, the offer of the companies number, but I have that already. He doesn't care.

I looked for chains here in stores, but they don't have them.

I'm waiting for spring badly!!!!!
😐

yes i understand perfectly.where im from you would see the trucks plow and salt asap. its so bad to see this country doas not care about public saftey .i see old folks struggle to walk on the side walks just terrible.

Joe Teddy wrote:

I was wondering how this is going with folks in various parts of Romania?

The last 3 days over 11 km of road between myself and the city, has seen but a plough with no salt twice

The result is absolute chaos! All he did was create a skating rink by flattening it. There are over 10 tight bends, some of which incline considerably. Ghastly frankly.

Complained to the judetean, got a number, the offer of the companies number, but I have that already. He doesn't care.

I looked for chains here in stores, but they don't have them.

I'm waiting for spring badly!!!!!
😐

A bit like the UK then? ;)

Agreed. For me around the blocks it was.... Profi/Salt.... Salt/Profi either way. No one else did anything.

@SimCity: The UK is only just starting in the last few years to see real weather events after a period of calm.

I remember just 1cm snow bringing a British city to a halt. I guess things are better now?

Mind it's been warmer here this winter, last year we saw -27 for long periods, the FOG? Goodness!  😁